UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Finance Associate (Fleet Management)
Position Number: 10020110
Category & Level: General Service, G-6
Location: Assets and Fleet Management Section
Supply Management Logistics Service (SMLS)
Division of Emergency, Security and Supply
Global Service Centre, Budapest
Effective date: ASAP
Duration: initially for a period of one year in replacement capacity*
Closing Date: 12 February 2017
The Finance Associate (Fleet Management) position is part of the newly created Assets and Fleet Management Section of the Supply Management Logistics Service. The incumbent provides technical support with the processing of financial transactions related to fleet and insurance, and monitors compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations in this specific area. The incumbent will report directly to the Senior Finance/Insurance Officer and will maintain regular contacts with UNHCR HQs and Field Offices on financial matters derived from the asset and fleet management.
- System of recording and tracking the recovery of all fleet related fees and operating costs from field operations is established and monitored.
- Standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidance notes are created and updated in a timely manner.
- Monitoring of expenditure and budget balance ensured.
- Provide answers and guidelines for fleet/accounting-related questions received from field operations.
- Prepare and update standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidance notes.
- Monitor transactions related to fleet fees and operating costs, in order to ensure that the reconciliations are prepared by the deadline and adhere to quality requirements.
- Assist in the assessment of budgetary needs for administrative budget (ABOD) and monitor ABOD expenditure of the Assets and Fleet Management Section.
- Carry out month-end and year-end closing activities.
- Assist the Snr Finance/Insurance Officer with financial/ trend analysis.
- Actively involves in implementation of fleet related policy, accounting practices and system enhancement.
- Provide training/coaching, if requested.
- Monitor cash management and budgeting to ensure liquidity and effective management of income and expenditure.
- Assist in financial reporting and control of the budget and financial transactions of Assets and Fleet Management Section.
- Produce financial statements for an independent business unit to facilitate performance reporting.
- Support the management of the Vehicle Insurance scheme.
- Prepare periodic reports for the Vehicle Insurance Steering Committee and other stakeholders.
- Manage insurance claims in liaison with insurance provider(s).
- Respond to field queries in relation to insurance claims, policies and processes.
- Produce data to support accounting processes for the Insurance Fund.
- Propose standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidance notes.
- Propose and advise on correct accounting treatment in relation to the issues raised by field operations.
- Obtain from HQ and field offices any information necessary to carry out his/her responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Completion of secondary education, together with training/certificate in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Minimum six years of previous job experience in the field of accounting or finance.
- Working experience with ERP financial modules such as PeopleSoft, Oracle or SAP.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English, including strong drafting skills.
- Managing Resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Good knowledge of United Nations/UNHCR financial rules and procedures.
- Knowledge and work experience of MSRP Finance applications.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to the functions of the position.
- Good understanding of accrual accounting (such as IPSAS or IFRS).
- Working knowledge of another relevant UN language.
External candidates must be legally present in Hungary at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of applications
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your Personal History Form (P11) Link megjelenítése and its supplementary pages (if applicable) Link megjelenítése, motivation letter and CV by e-mail with “LAST name – Finance Associate (Fleet Management) (10020110) position” in the subject line to the email address below by 12 February 2017.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: Link megjelenítése