This is us
Black Swan creates better outcomes through technology and the power of prediction.
Our products transform the way brands create value from data, finding insights and solutions that create an advantage for their business. We analyse consumer behaviour using public and private data, then build cutting edge technology based on predictive models to create better outcomes - we call this “Applied Prediction”.
Bringing together a passionate and talented team that combine skills in software engineering, data science, design, product innovation and marketing, we thrive on change, innovating across social intelligence and big data. Launched in 2011, today Black Swan employs 200 people worldwide across offices in the UK, USA, Singapore, Hungary and South Africa. We work with some of the world’s leading consumer-focused brands including Vodafone, Pepsico, Disney, Panasonic, Tesco and GSK.
Our work is getting us noticed – this year, we were shortlisted for a Data IQ Talent Award and have been named Britain’s fastest start up by The Sunday Times ranked #1 in their inaugural ‘Start Up Track 15’.
Link megjelenítése" target="_blank">www.blackswan.com
Welcome to the finance team at Black Swan
The Finance Assistant is responsible for providing financial and administrative support in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
The Finance Assistant is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that municipal finances are accurate and up to date and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits.
Your role at Black Swan
Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that municipal finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
- Receive and verify invoices for goods and services
- Request invoice approval from relevant internal buyer
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Enter invoices into online accounting system for payment
- Maintain listing of accounts payable
- Maintain updated vendor files and file numbers
- Maintain a filing system for all financial documents
Provide administrative support in order to ensure corporate card and employee expense transaction records are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
- Generate and distribute monthly reports of corporate credit transactions incurred.
- Reconcile incurred transactions to receipts
- Follow up on missing receipts in a timely manner
Provide weekly timesheet and data admin support to ensure all staff in the business report time in accordance with company guidelines
- Send out weekly reminders of missing timesheet postings
- Ensure timesheet conflicts are escalated in accordance with HR guidelines
- Ensure mapping between time reporting system and project accounting system are maintained
- Create and maintain a proper fixed asset register (inventory of assets)
What makes a ‘Swan’?
We want people fanatical about creating innovative solutions inspired by data. We know Black Swan’s DNA is different, it’s what helps us find new perspectives on our clients’ problems. Working in a fast paced, energized environment, our bar is set high, and an ability to build long lasting partnerships both internally and externally is vital. Key responsibilities for the role include:
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- English speaking/writing
- Bookkeeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Very effective organizational skills
- Effective written communications skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate online accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs, and email at a highly proficient level
- Time management skills
We want to positively change the future through technology and the power of prediction.
How about you?