If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Finance Assistant GS-5 GSCC Office, Budapest, Hungary
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- The incumbent of this post will assist the Finance Officer/Senior Finance Assistant in parking and processing various documents for the department of Finance in Invoice Processing, General Accounting, Payments and MDM unit in the GSSC Office. The incumbent will be responsible for transactional data entry into electronic systems for verification.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND DUTIES & TASKS
3. Quality Assurance.
4. Client Service.
QUALIFICATIONS OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Completion of secondary education (i.e. high school diploma) is a minimum requirement. University level courses in administration and finance are desirable.
- IT skills and working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of Products (including MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint) is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in administration and finance is required*, preferably with the UN or other international organization
- *A completed university degree from an accredited institution (i.e. degree certificate in-hand) will be counted towards the minimum work experience requirements.
- Previous hands-on experience in planning, organizing and delivering administrative support services is highly desirable.
- Work experience with a development organization is an asset.
- Knowledge of UN / UNICEF'S rules, regulations and procedures is desirable.
- Proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive communication and information is desirable.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize is desirable.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is an asset.
Non - Hungarian citizens must be in possession of a work permit or be nationals of the EU* countries. Please note that General Service (GS) staff are locally recruited staff and therefore, candidates are personally responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements as these are not the organization's responsibility.
*Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
COMPETENCIES OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Communicates effectively.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sets high levels of quality and productivity for self.
- Analyzes and integrates verbal, numerical and other types of data.
- Rapidly learns new tasks relevant to own job and quickly commits information to memory.
- Sets self clearly defined tasks in line objectives set by the line manager.
- Follows spoken and written instructions without unnecessarily challenging others' authority.
Please be informed that all applications to UNICEF are handled via UNICEF's online recruiting system. You can apply to the above position by creating your profile and submitting your application on our web site.
Kindly note that all applications should be in English and that applications outside of the online recruiting system will not be accepted.
Please note that this is a mass recruitment campaign for the newly established GSSC Office in Budapest, Hungary.