Location: Budapest, Hungary
Role type: Permanent, full time
NEC is a leading global manufacturer and service provider of telecommunication, computer and electronic devices, NEC has devoted more than 100 years of technological innovation to providing its customers with solutions of genuine value through innovative technologies for everyday use, as expressed in its slogan, "Empowered by Innovation".
NEC maintains a worldwide network of subsidiary companies, which includes operations in Europe where NEC performs various sales, manufacturing, and R&D functions. Today, NEC Europe has more than 20 branches and subsidiaries throughout Europe, employing approximately 1500 personnel, located across Europe, Russia Africa and the Middle East.
The Finance Analyst is responsible for supporting the Finance Business Partner, Central Cluster (CC) in the monthly financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, project control and analysis in support of new business opportunities covering the Carrier Business for the Central Cluster.
- Support the day to day businesses (focus on Carrier Business) from commercial Finance point of view (Bid support, Financing models, profitability analyses, etc.)
- Forecasting of orders and sales revenues, P&L, accounts receivable, inventory and working capital.
- Providing variance analysis of actuals outturn compared with budget and forecasts, and meaningful business insight explanations
- Preparation of monthly accruals
- Responsible for revenue recognition of contracts
- Projects and contracts cost control
- Analysis and support of new business opportunities
- Analysis to support Board of Directors, ELT and Monthly Business Review Meetings
Experience / Knowledge required:
- Significant financial experience with some exposure in a multinational environment
- Demonstrated experience of operating successfully in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated orientation towards bottom line results
- Proven ability to challenge, when appropriate, existing practices
- Professional skills and knowledge:
- Strong influencing skills
- High degree of initiative
- Communication skills to small and wider audiences
- Proven ability to working in a complex matrix environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Understanding of the IT/Telecom industry
- Supports business processes