Finance Accountant - Dorset, Bournemouth, BH1 1
We are now recruiting a Finance Accountant on a fixed term contract to the 30th June 2015to work within our Finance team.
Purpose of job:
The jobholder will be based at our Head Office in Bournemouth. The purpose of the role will be to support the Head of Finance in administering the finances of the organisation in an accurate, timely, consistent manner and in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures.
- Help to ensure the Finance Team operates in accordance with the Statement of Principles and Code of Practice under the Financial Services and Markets Act, meeting appropriate standards of quality;
- Help to ensure that Teachers Assurance meets external regulatory reporting deadlines;
- Help to ensure that reasonable care is taken by the Finance Team to make and retain adequate records of matters and dealings, as required under the regulatory regime and to meet
- Maintain an up-to-date, comprehensive awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment within which Teachers Assurance operates and of the strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities which it faces, as influenced by external factors with particular reference to the Finance Team remit;
- Meet the fitness and propriety requirements as required by the PRA for those who work in Financial Services, ensuring adherence to Teachers Assurance's Ethics policy;
- Help in managing the Finance Team by exercising due skill, care and diligence and by sharing and using knowledge effectively and securely.
- Contribute to the content and preparation of Operating Plans;
- Contribute to Finance Team strategy and develop/update these in line with the
- Ensure that accurate and timely financial information is available;
- Assess and interpret Teachers Assurance's financial information to monitor and identify risk and achieve appropriate commercial targets;
- Meet personal and strategic objectives set by the Head of Finance on an annual basis.
- Ensure the required knowledge and skills remain up-to-date and relevant.
- Provide financial and management reporting;
- Finance function:
o Contribute to statutory financial returns for Group and Companies;
o Provision of financial and accounting recording procedures for Group and Companies;
o Liaise with regulators, tax authorities, and auditors on behalf of Group and Companies.
- Contribute to TA's sales process, policies, procedures and practices to ensure regulatory requirements are met;
- Ensure adherence to DPA, IT, information security, customer services (regulatory or administrative) policies and procedures within Finance Team;
- Develop and monitor Finance Team's specific TCF key performance indicators;
- Help to ensure the Finance Team operates adequate and effective risk management processes;
Person specification (education/qualifications)
- Educated to degree standard and currently studying for a professional accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- At least 2 years' experience of working in a Finance Department (preferably within the financial services sector)
- Proven experience of both financial and management accounting
- Ability to prepare a set of statutory accounts an advantage
- Experience of regulatory reporting would be beneficial
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Must be highly IT literate, with advanced Excel knowledge
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as bearing individual responsibility as required
- Able to identify, tackle and resolve any issues that may arise
- Must be able to learn and control all challenges as they arise.
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of all internal and external reporting as required
- Must be able to monitor and implement relevant changes to accounting standards and external regulatory reporting as dictated by the appropriate parties concerned
- Safeguarding and accurately managing Teachers Assurance's IT assets - data, data quality, hardware and software
- Protection of Teachers Assurance's assets
Internal and external relationships:
- Head of Finance
- Colleagues in the Finance Division
- Other managers within Teachers Assurance
- External regulatory bodies
- External auditors
Head of Finance
Benefits & Conditions:
Up to £30k per annum depending on qualifications and skills
A degree of support will be provided to aid the successful completion of the relevant
Pension, life assurance and 22 days holiday per year (rising with service)
Hours of work:
Standard 35 hour week, but more hours may be required on occasion to meet key regulatory reporting timetables
"NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE" If you are interested please apply using the Apply Now Button.
Ref. Code: FinAccBnBc