- In this position you will work as a server-side Java developer as part of a large collaborative Agile development team.
- You will be involved in a development of functionality in an iterative fashion, writing full unit and integration tests for each function that is developed.
- In this role you will be also responsible for continuously improving the quality of our system and codebase including code reviews and refactoring where necessary.
- You will be required to liaise directly with internal clients including traders and Operations in order to gather requirements and identify creative ways to solve business problems.
- Strong knowledge of Java, primarily within server-side development.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Interest in learning about the Secured Financing business and partnering directly with end users and subject matter experts in the front and middle office.
- Good understanding of multi-threaded Java programming.
- Experience using relational databases (SQL).
- Strong communication skills with an ability to deliver high-quality software working in multi-person teams.
- Business knowledge of repo, securities lending or collateral management or other financial software development.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and XML.
- Agile development practice.
- DB2 experience.
The place of work: