DIK International Limited is currently employing Environmental Manager, preferably a person who specialized in water pollution Sector and knowledgeable in the International Maritime Organization, Marine Pollution (MARPOL 73/78). Requirements are listed below.
Environmental Port Manager
Managing Director thru General Managers
Environmental Port Manager shall be responsible for overseeing the marine environmental operations of the Company and for developing, implementing and monitoring environmental strategies that promote sustainable development.
Duties and responsibilities:
- overseeing the use of all resources within the Company
- implementing environmental policies and practices
- developing schemes for pollution reduction and pollution prevention
- ensuring compliance with environmental legislation
- auditing, analyzing and collating environmental performance data and reporting information to internal staff, clients and regulatory bodies
- managing environmental strategy budgets
- liaising with internal staff including senior managers and directors
- providing environmental training to staff at all levels
- managing a team of technical, scientific and engineering staff
- writing plans and reports
- keeping up to date with changes in environmental legislation and initiatives including IMO (International Maritime Organisation) directives
- producing educational resources
- liaising with regulatory bodies
- advising Senior Management on applicable laws and regulations
- raising public awareness
- integrating science and policy to develop marine resource management and/or monitoring plans
- Minimum University Degree in a related subject
Must be proficient in speaking and writing English Language
Proficiency in the use of computers for minimum:
- Microsoft Office
- Data base management
- E-mail, Internet…
The Environmental Port Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- More than 3 years of Environmental management experience, preferably in Maritime Sector
- Experience in operation, maintenance and repair of environmental systems, advantage if experienced in bilge, ballast, waste treatment and incineration systems
- Solid project management and relationship building experience to pull together and manage board and shore side technical and commercial teams
- Environmental Port Manager shall be located in one of the four major ports in Nigeria ( Lagos, Port Harcourt, Warri or Calabar)
- Environmental Port Manager shall work in the field and office environment but the purpose of the job may sometimes take them to non - standard workplaces.
- Environmental Port Manager will work Monday – Friday 8am-5pm; Saturday 9am-5pm but may be required to work some evenings.
The Company provides:
- One Year Contract (Renewable)
- Monthly Base Salary
- Local Monthly Allowance
- Flight ticket to Nigeria
- Vacation - 2 times (2+2 weeks) paid vacation per year with a round trip ticket (six months apart)
- Visa and Work permit
- Local Health Insurance
- Company Cell Phone
- Accommodation - The Company shall provide properly equipped housing in a secured environment at the location of work covering all household expenses as innumerate ( electricity, water, internet, TV, AC)
- Travel and Mobility - The Company shall provide airfare, accommodation as required by role during official trips as well as official vehicle with driver at location of work
- Work Tools- The Company shall provide a lap top, internet connection and other work related equipment when necessary or employee may use his/her personal lap top if any
|Kategória||Mezőgazdaság / Környezettudomány / Környezetvédelem, Szervezés / Menedzsment / Cégvezetés, Külföldi munka|
|Minimális tapasztalat||3 és 5 év között|
|Szükséges iskolai végzettség||Egyetemi végzettség|
|Munkaidő tipusa||Teljes munkaidő|
|Régió||Budapest, Baranya, Békés, Nógrád, ... Tolna, Somogy, Bács-Kiskun, Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén, Csongrád, Fejér, Győr-Moson-Sopron, Hajdú-Bihar, Heves, Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok, Komárom-Esztergom, Pest, Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg, Vas, Veszprém, Zala, Külföld|