The Enterprise Architect defines the enterprise frameworks, models, mechanisms, and structures with the objective that the business, information system, and technology capability of the enterprise evolves in a way that effectively supports the business strategy and intent.Individual initiatives that deliver solutions are governed in a way that reduces the fragmentation and variation.
The Enterprise Architect is expected to ensure that the overall ICT architecture is maintained in a coherent manner and that appropriate considerations are made for its security and quality. The primary role of the Enterprise Architect is to ensure that the respective business, application, data and technology perspectives are in line with the organisation’s technology and governance strategies, policies and standards: the Enterprise Architect aligns technical architectures and Business architectures to an overall enterprise architecture.
The Enterprise Architect is responsible for the creation, maintenance and management of IT architecture models and their lower level components. They are also required to interpret, use and apply information contained within IT architecture to inform a range of business improvement activities, particularly those involved in the design, development, enhancement and maintenance of IT support systems.
- Drives and participates in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture (EA)
- Researches overall ICT solutions on the market for particular technical requirements and business needs.
- Conducts and/or actively participates in meetings related to the designated project/s, both locally and internationally, with clients and/or partnersDrives or recommends enterprise architecture strategies, processes and methodologies. • Drives or participates in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the EA objectives are consistent with the enterprise’s long-term business objectives.
- Actively shares best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and up-coming vendor products and solutions.
- Drives or participates in and manages Architecture Working Groups for the development and maintenance of the EA.
- Collaborates with all relevant parties in order to review the objectives and constraints of each solution and determine conformance with the EA. Recommends the most suitable technical architecture and defines the solution at a high level.
- Drives or participates in the development of architecture blueprints for related systems.
- Identifies and recommends areas appropriate for further study and participates in any Proof of Concept projects required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthen arguments for their adoption.
- Identifies implementation risks and analyses potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of scheduled objectives.
- Drives or participates in the design and implementation of IT service management standards, tools and methodologies.
- Education, qualifications and experience required- Essential Tertiary level of education in ICT
- Five years relevant technical experience in the ICT field
- Desirable Certification in two or more relevant areas
- Experience as technical lead for a major technology implementation
- Business Analysis skills
- IT Project Management skills
- Systems Architecture System Design IT/Technology Infrastructure
- Design and Planning
- Software Development
- Database Administration
- Security Management
- IT/Technology Service Operations and Event Management
- Communication skill
- Team working
- Critical analysis and decision making
- Creative thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Self development and Confident English Knowledge
- Maths and IT user skills