English Party Administrator - London
£20,000pa (pro rata) + 8% employer's pension contribution
Part-time (3 days per week), Fixed-term.
The Liberal Democrats are looking for a proactive and results-driven Administrator to support the English Party of the Liberal Democrats up to and through the 2015 General Election.
1. Provide administrative support to the English Party Committees (currently English Council / English Finance & Administration Committee / English Council Executive)
2. Act as PA to the Chair of the English Party, effectively running their office and the office of the English Party.
3. Ensure arrangements for attending Conferences are made, including booking transport and rooms and making sure all attendees are registered - notification of such reaching the Conference Office in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will have some previous experience in an administrative role (ideally 3 years). They will be highly organised, have excellent time management and will be able to effectively prioritise their workload in a fast-paced environment.
Someone with attention to detail who can respond to queries in a timely manner and can switch between tasks quickly at peak times.
Essential Skills and Experience
1. Excellent communication skills (written & spoken)
2. Organised and reliable
3. Sense of humour and ability to work well within a team
4. Experience of working with volunteers
5. Good IT skills
6. Strong minute-taker
7. Experience of preparing papers for committee meetings
8. Some evening / weekend working required
Desirable Skills and Experience
1. 3 years' administrative experience in a Third Sector / Not For Profit Organisation
2. Sympathy with Liberal Democrat values