Engineering Manager - Hampshire, Southampton, SO140
Net-Tec Resourcing are recruiting on behalf of a large UK manufacturing plant for an Engineering Manager based at their Southampton Plant.
The Engineering Manager should have served a suitable apprenticeship and gained appropriate experience in a relevant role (Mechanical or Electrical Management), Higher Qualifications (Level 4 or equivalent) would be an advantage along with a relevant Health & Safety Qualification
Role function of Engineering Manager:
- To be responsible for the supervision of the activities of all Plant works, engineering staff and contractors on site.
- To be responsible for the compliance of company and contractor's staff with regard to Safety, Health and Environmental Regulations and Procedures.
- Responsible to the Assistant Works Manager for ensuring the safe and efficient maintenance, repair, modification, procurement and installation of all plant, equipment and buildings.
- To oversee maintenance and construction schedules, including Planned Preventative Maintenance Schedules as completed by the Engineering team.
- To be responsible for the planning and supervision of the work of engineering staff.
- To be responsible with the Operations Manager, Acting Works Manager and Assistant Works Manager for the design, procurement and installation of new plant and equipment.
The Engineering Manager will be expected to:
- To ensure that all the business/operations are performed in accordance with instructions and procedures.
- To comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
- To update all areas of knowledge as required to carry out the job with maximum effectiveness and to attend training/development courses as and when required
- To comply will all aspects of the HR Policies and Procedures of the Company
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience at this level.
- Have a good standard of IT literacy.
- Time served qualification in an Engineering discipline e.g. apprenticeship Higher qualification, HNC, Diploma or degree desirable. Management qualification desirable.
To be considered for the role of Engineering Manager please send CV to or contact Shane onLink megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />