On behalf of our multinational partner active in the areas of engineering services and product information we are actively looking for an Embedded software engineer who will be responsible for the design, development and enhancement of embedded software, working closely with hardware engineers and platform software engineers to produce system solutions.
Undertake design, coding, unit and integration testing activities to ensure that each assignment is completed on time and fulfils the original requirements specification.
Investigating and producing rapid solutions to customer problems on new and existing products together with ensuring all stages of the product design life cycle are documented in accordance with company standards and methodologies.
- A candidate with a minimum of 3 years commercial experience within a Software Engineering environment; developing & debugging software running on an embedded RTOS (preferably Linux).
- Fluent in C++ and C with relevant design methodologies (ideally UML).
- Experience of version control systems.
An appreciation and basic understanding of hardware design principles is important.
- Knowledge of some or all of digital video and audio standards, video compression techniques, IP protocols and networking, SNMP would be advantageous.
- A background knowledge/understanding of video compression and digital broadcasting is beneficial.
- A positive attitude is a very important attribute for the candidate. A pro-active “can do” approach is important, and the candidate must have a drive for success. - Flexibility and the ability to get results is essential.
- Ability to communicate clearly on technical matters in written reports as well as interpersonally with design groups and teams.
- Ability to work with complex legacy code.
- Able to work as part of a team, respecting and building on other team member ideas.
- A good degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent is required, with high software content.