Editorial Marketing Executive (Newspapers and Promotions)
Centurycomm Ltd is a media company which focuses on horse racing, greyhounds, football and sports betting. The company publishes a daily national newspaper, runs multiple websites and mobile products including RACINGPOST.com. It also has an iPad newspaper app and a growing syndication B2B division. The business employs approximately 280 permanent staff and also hires freelancers and contractors.
The business has invested significantly in the development of digital/multimedia services for both existing and potential markets. Racing Post is a leading digital publisher with a number of world-class websites, spearheaded by RACINGPOST.com, which includes an online subscription service. Racing Post has also recently developed a number of innovative mobile and tablet products which are crucial in extending the appeal of the brand to a new audience. In addition to racing-related products, the company is also expanding its digital product range into sports such as football.
To devise, coordinate and implement marketing initiatives which drive sales and consumption of all Racing Post's paper products.
- Develop promotional activities including competitions, token collects and loyalty schemes focusing particularly on times when there are no major meetings and festivals.
- Work with the editorial teams to devise mechanics and communication to maximise the Saturday readership and encouraging them to purchase further copies of the paper.
- Track your marketing budget and monitoring the return on investment of marketing campaigns. Evaluating the success of all offline marketing campaigns.
- Provide the business with the latest information and developments in publishing and the competitor landscape, particularly in relation to promotional and retailer initiatives.
- Work with the production department to manage the paper-based inventory prioritising house messages to ensure the right messages reach the right audience at the right time.
- Attend the editorial conference on a daily basis and liaise with editorial teams to ensure any news and features are promoted accordingly.
- Produce the marketing ad list on a weekly basis ensuring that you co-ordinate and communicate with all relevant stakeholders.
- Using all the channels available to you, ensure that all pull-outs and specials are marketed to the relevant audience.
- Respond to any important breaking news with a marketing plan and implement effectively and in a timely fashion.
- Produce a template' of activity which can be used on a regular basis to promote key features which are known about and repeated on a regular basis ie stable tours
- Ensure that we market all of our tipping and analysis effectively.
- Devise a strategy to increase reliance by customers and bookmakers on the BSD, using the BSD to drive customers to read the newspaper.
- Support the Marketing and PR Manager in any PR activities and other tasks as and when required.
- Marketing Team
- Editorial Department
- Circulation Team
- Commercial Department
- External clients
Degree level or equivalent experience preferably in Marketing or Business related subject
Skills and attributes:
- Experience of working in a consumer facing marketing team in either publishing, horse-racing or betting industries
- Keen interest in publishing, horse-racing, gaming or betting
- Copy-writing ability
- Experience working on design briefs with creative teams
- Project management experience
- Innovative and imaginative with confidence in implementing new ideas
- Ability to self-manage with a can-do' attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely organised
- Comfortable in operating in a small team environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and deliver work to a high standard
- Strong attention to detail with a thorough and process-orientated approach
- Real flair and enthusiasm for the racing industry
- IT literate, including good operational knowledge of Microsoft and Google packages
- Demonstrate creativity
- Responsibility for inhouse communications
- 3rd party opportunities where appropriate
- Responsibility for marketing strategy for the weekly publications
Closing date for all applications is 5pm, Friday, April 4, 2014
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to: Human Resources Department, Racing Post, 23rd Floor, One Canada Square, London, E14 5AP orLink megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />