E-Commerce Merchandiser - London, Ealing, W4 5XU
Do you want to be a part of an Award Winning Multi-Channel Business?
QVC's digital platforms receive over 90 million visits a year. Spanning six countries and reaching more than 300 million people worldwide, QVC is one of the world's largest multi-media retailers, part of an $8 billion a year global group. QVC UK is now in our 21st year and it's an exciting time for us as the business continues to grow.
We are looking for a talented E-Commerce Merchandiser to join us here in our Head Office in Chiswick Park, West London. It's a fast paced and diverse role and when we say that two days are never the same, we're not kidding. Just look around our business and it's easy to see why: You can find our channels on Freeview, Sky and Virgin Media and we're online at qvcuk.com and via mobile and tablet apps. We sell big name brands for everything from Elemis to Bose, Giles Deacon to Dyson. Our business isn't like any other business and you'll love our people - we're a friendly bunch.
Day to day you will take ownership of the digital strategy of a product category, working with the wider business team to create a long term plan to maximise digital sales. There's a lot to get excited about as you will present your Strategy in quarterly meetings, challenge decision makers and work with vendors to see your ideas and plan come to life and challenge decision makers to drive the E-Commerce strategy. You will also have the opportunity to attend supplier meetings to discuss product strategy.
This is an autonomous role and you have complete control so it's important that the person for this positon is someone who enjoys making decisions, has commercial & entrepreneurial flair and approaches every day with a positive attitude. You'll get to make decisions on a wide range of e-commerce activity, such as customer journey, on-site search, cross selling, online promotions and features and work with the buying and planning team to forecast digital stock demand. You should have a strong commercial drive and an analytical grounding to help you make your decisions
In this role you will be responsible for;
Strategy & Communication
- Using your business area expertise, knowledge and relationships to drive the QVC E-Commerce strategy, in the achievement of Digital and QVC's business aims and objectives.
- Attending regular meetings with buying and planning teams
- Creating & delivering Presentations in Category Strategy meetings on a quarterly basis and confidently challenging the CatStrat decision makers to drive the E-Commerce strategy
- Delivering presentations to the business in team meetings
- Attending wider business strategy meetings
- Developing future strategy of business area with support from Lead E-Commerce Merchandiser
- Filtering into split testing and technology planning projects
- Deputising for lead role
- Attending supplier meetings to discuss product strategy
- Developing strategy for the area and business events with support from Lead E-Commerce Merchandiser
- Working with Lead to define workload for Assistant Merchandiser
- Acting as a mentor for Assistant Merchandiser
Sales & Site Optimisation
- Analysing data to write commentary providing more focus and insights. Cascading it to the wider business on a regular basis, and driving the implementation of the insights opportunities
- Analysing navigation and customer journey data to define best possible set-up for the website.
- Setting up and monitoring on-site search precedents
- Defining cross sell strategy, using business rules
- Presenting stock forecasts and plans back to the rest of the business
- Monitoring EZ pay usage
- Looking at stock reports and highlighting opportunities
- Using all data sources available to analyse sales and stock patterns to request stock for upcoming seasons.
- Ideally you will have strong E-commerce Merchandising experience from an established online retailer; you should have a strong commercial drive and an analytical grounding to help you make your decisions. We are looking for a forward thinker who loves to come up with new ideas (and isn't afraid to tell people about them).
- You will have a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area, strong interpersonal and numerical skills.
- You will be a team player and will enjoy mentoring others.
At QVC we see it like this, you spend a third of your life in work, so work happy* Live better
To Apply for this position, please click on the Apply link below.Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />