Our client is a worldwide provider of advanced healing technologies that makes a difference for patients, caregivers and providers. With headquarters in the US and approximately 7000 employees working in more than 20 countries, this company improves patients' lives around the globe. Their growing Shared Service Center in Budapest provides an opportunity for dedicated professionals in the fields of Finance and Order Management.
The Dispute Management and Collection Specialist is responsible for executing the collection / dunning activities to make sure that the company’s cash flow position is improved and AR aged balances are followed up regularly and the necessary actions are taken. As an AR expert with a broad spectrum of activities he will be also involved in customer query resolution.
- Resolve customer inquiries and disputes promptly & accurately by understanding customer & market needs
- Strive for customer satisfaction in all forms of cooperation with the Customer
- Responsible for all Cash Collection and Allocation activities in order to ensure that the DSO and bad debt targets are met
- Monitor the assigned portfolio, identify delinquent accounts and promptly calling the customers once the account(s) become past due.
- Follow-up on customer’s payment commitments & broken promises.
- Execute the Collection & Dunning tasks according to the agreed time frames & SLA’s.
- Produce regular weekly / monthly reports to show performance/trends etc, identify problems and take immediate corrective action to remedy.
- Support the Monthly and Annual closing activities (e.g. balance confirmations)
- Ensure that all the Late Payers are contacted on a monthly basis using any of the collection tools.
- Properly document all the Cash Collection and dispute resolution efforts for both follow-up and audit purposes.
- Negotiate with customers in order to ensure the immediate payment for all outstanding invoices; mediate payment arrangements to ensure that invoiced debts do not become doubtful or bad.
- Immediately engage the management team when identifying any significant account deterioration and any critical disputes; highlight to management any potential bad debt accounts
- Accurately maintain all customer accounts (Customer contacts, sales contacts, etc).
- Create and maintain desktop procedures as needed.
- Ensure all activities are completed timely and in line with the country SLA`s.
- Identify areas for process improvements.
- Assist in special projects as directed by management.
- College or University degree in Economics or Finance
- 2-3 years relevant work experience in comparable level
- Fluent English is required
- ERP knowledge (SAP, Oracle, or equivalent)
- Shared Service Centre experience is a plus
- Solid MS excel knowledge is required
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Customer –focus mindset and problem solving attitude
- Keen on networking to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge
- Looks for ways to do things better, faster, more efficiently
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- The opportunity to be part of a multinational company whose mission it is to heal patients and save lives
- Extensive training to all new colleagues
- Continuous on-the-job training
- Easily accessible office in a state-of-the-art building
- Decent salary and compensation package