Digital / UX Developer - Devon, Newton Abbot, TQ121
A leading player in online sports retail, we are always connected, always current and always accessible for athletes everywhere who desire more than the high street can give. Pro-Direct has established, long-standing relationships with the world's leading sports brands such as Nike, adidas and Puma and is therefore able to offer many exclusive lines.
Established as a company in 1981, we founded the World's largest online football store in 1999, which is now global, shipping out of the UK, Europe and the US to over 200 countries. Our passion, knowledge and experience as multi-specialists allows us to offer an unrivaled choice of products across sports including football, rugby, running, tennis and cricket. Iconic sports fashion is also covered by our Pro-Direct Select fascia.
To support our continued growth, we're looking for a Digital/UX Developer who has the talent and the drive to make creative ideas technically feasible.
This role is all to do with creating value, placing the customer at the heart of the solution (in terms of UX and user experience) - and striving to bring new and better ideas to life.
- Work and think creatively
- Implement strong, practical, current coding skills
- Work as an integral part of the web team, including non-development functions, as required
- Provide support and maintain coded solutions
- Enhance user experience
- Be aware of how touchpoints interplay
- Use a data driven approach and add metric capturing tools when producing code
- Prove or disprove concepts in ways that non-technologists can understand, fast
- Ensure that all code complies with Pro-Direct coding standards and best practices
- Plan and improve SEO techniques
- Record and report any code that does not comply with appropriate standards
- Employ effective problem-solving
- Trouble-shoot code using the appropriate hardware database and programming technology
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing
- Inspire others with effective communication
The right candidate for this role will be extremely talented and will have the skills and confidence to make a substantial difference to the Pro-Direct website.
Things you need to have…
- Experience in a similar creative role with a portfolio of work to demonstrate
- Knowledge of databases and how the web works
- Creative, curious, fun and hard-working personality
Things we'd like you to have…
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Google Analytics, Networking and apps development
- A degree or equivalent
- A desire to bring cakes for the office!
- Rapidly expanding company
- Rural location close to 300 miles of uninterrupted coastline
- Staff discount on all branded goods
- Informal dress code
- Free on-site car parking
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Increased holiday allowance per every year of service (capped at 25)
Sound like your cup of tea? Click that 'apply' button today.Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />