Digital Transformation Support Specialist - London
Digital Banking's vision is to be a pioneer in digital relationship banking recognised as the best in Europe in the way digital technologies are used to service our customers across Channels - Internet, SMS and mobile. Creating customer recommendation whilst removing more cost from the organisation and generating more income right across the Group, including Community and Telephone Banking.
The role holder will be a member of the Galaxy/Digital Transformation Production Support team, within Build and Test.
The holder will be involved in core aspects of the diagnosis of serious productions issues, identifying a work around and guiding the team to provide root cause fixs. The role holder will also be responsible for transformation in support practices and processes toward an approach that is leaner and better able to respond to incidents faster
The holder will be expected to demonstrate and apply diagnostic skills and practices. The holder may also have mentoring responsibilities for junior members of staff.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate direct involvement and significant contribution to a support organisation
Additionally, the role demands hybrid skill sets coupling technical and team leadership across multiple teams, a development background in C and Java is also a distinct advantage
A track record of the required experience demonstrated on a real production platform or system is a must, as are a "can-do" attitude, capability of bootstrapping workstreams and projects, and ability to effectively work with multi-disciplinary, internal and external distributed teams across the project lifecycle.
1. Accountable for the execution of work items agreed with business or technical stakeholders and management, supporting current business needs whilst also contributing to the transformational agenda. Be the point person, develop relationships, ensure deliveries meet and exceed expectations, introduce and showcase new methodologies that improve the responsiveness of the team.
2. Application and demonstration of current best-practice Support skills and practices. Use of these practices on all work undertaken, as well as through proof-of-concept work.
3. Transfer of exemplary support skills to other, particularly less skilled members of staff. Placement of these skills in context - why they matter, what value they bring, how to get the most from them, how to evolve them and spread them further within the organisation. Examples include Scripting solutions, Automation.
4. Review and adaptation of existing, and introduction of new tooling relating to all aspects of support as appropriate. Solid and ongoing familiarity with both industry standard and emerging tooling across all relevant areas, and ability to articulate if and how it may be applicable to Galaxy.
5. Define and agree software and systems architecture for work under own control, conforming to overall Galaxy and LBG standards. Review and challenge established standards when appropriate.
6. Foster and drive a culture of innovation within own team, among peers and within Galaxy. Provide and contribute to a forum for sharing of innovative ideas and industry best practices. Ensure this carries through into day-to-day activities undertaken by own staff and peers.
Key Capabilities, Knowledge Areas & Personal Attributes
Strong hands-on support skills with software design and development background
* Excellent knowledge of 'C' and Java
* Considerable exposure to platform-level development - services, APIs, large codebases: Web Services, SOAP, REST, API design, enterprise integration patterns, messaging technologies (JMS, MQ)
* Production system experience - has lived with the impact of software and system design decisions on manageability, supportability, troubleshooting.
Proven technical and team leadership capabilities
* Some exposure to what makes a high-performing team tick
* Front-line experience with identifying and resolving a mixture of internal and external issues that prevent teams from performing at their best
* Strong understanding of platform and systems-level technical architecture, including common patterns and tradeoffs
* Confidence to express own opinions, and be pragmatic about modifying them when appropriate
* Passionate about technology and its application to real-world problems
Excellent teamworking and communication skills
* A "team player", working co-operatively and productively with others across a variety of domains, disciplines and locations
* Capable of openly exchanging information and providing support for colleagues from around the organisation to achieve business goals
* Able to clearly articulate and explain technical concepts to audiences that vary in seniority and technical acumen
* Able to formulate and express desired end state / vision and challenges + obstacles that stand in the way
* Desire and drive to understand business priorities and drivers, and place technical decisions and issues in context
* Be able to prioritise and focus on given priorities
* Understand how to work with and balance constraints (timescales, scope, cost etc)