Digital Growth Business Adviser - Manchester, City, M1 5JW
Digital Growth Business Adviser (Ref: DGBA2718)
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000
Greater Manchester's Business Growth Hub is looking for Digital Growth Business Adviser s to deliver high-quality specialist digital growth advice and provide support for the identification, adoption and better use of advanced digital technologies, in particular the adoption of new services that are available with superfast/ultrafast broadband.
Assistance will be provided to a portfolio of ambitious business owners and senior managers of companies looking to improve business processes and products. The role will assess the needs of eligible businesses and will involve helping companies develop their digital growth strategies. Activities will include: handling enquiries from first eligibility checks through business growth assessments, to the implementation of agreed digital business growth plans and monitoring of outcomes.
The role will need to develop and maintain the high standards necessary for delivery, developing those relationships needed to meet the needs of participating businesses, who will be supported as part of the Business Growth Hub operational plans and against milestones for business support.
You will have a real understanding of what it takes to run a growth business and can clearly demonstrate that you are a digital expert who can develop relationships, communicate to clients, managing a team and work with a range of delivery partners to get the job done.
- An expert understanding of digital technology and the contribution it can make to a company's growth potential Sales and account management skills
- Sales and account management skills
- Project management skills
- Presentation skills both written and oral
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Excellent planning, organisational and administrative skills
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Have and able to develop and maintain up-to-date digital sector and market knowledge
- Ability to identify opportunities and to be innovative
Qualifications / Experience
- At least degree level business education, or degree level qualification with a management body or the relevant business experience to match those
- Wide ranging business experience in the digital sector
- Proven track record in managing the range of business issues associated with periods of business growth, particularly related to the take up of digital technologies
- Experience in using social media channels to communicate a clear message
- Experience of working as, or with, managers within a digital environment
- Proven track record in working effectively in a professional team/s
- Private/public sector experience of working with growth companies
- Proven track record in designing and delivering technology adoption plans to meet customers' needs
- Professional experience and approach to managing and delivering business assessment, advice and development
- Practical experience of diagnosing business issues and agreeing effective strategic business action plans
- Account and CRM database management
- An understanding of business support
- A deep understanding of the opportunities for adopting digital technologies
- Understanding and experience of using project management techniques
- Knowledge of budget and contract management practice, particularly with regard to ERDF/European and national government funding is desirable
If you wish to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV with covering letter directly to us, stating the reference number DGBA2718, by clicking the apply button. You can also send your application by post to HR Advice, Business Growth Hub, Lee House, 90 Great Bridgewater Street, Manchester, M1 5JW.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 21 st February 2014
This post is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />