What is BalaBit, you ask? It is the accumulation of the knowledge and experience of brilliant and devoted people, and a place where people can laugh even at the nerdiest jokes. It is also an exciting workplace, providing you with answers to your questions and feedback on your ideas and work efforts. A place where your projects can be just as engrossing as a good TV show or an exciting game. And last but not least: one of the world's leading IT security software vendors with approximately a million open source users from all over the globe.
We are currently looking for
to join our creative and enthusiastic team.
You should ideally be:
- Passionate about automation and eager to deliver quality results.
- Take ownership of your work and challenge technical decisions.
- A creative problem solver with an analytical mind.
- Able to get enthusiastic and make others enthusiastic.
- Knowledgeable of DevOps trends and best practices.
- Interested in network and security technologies.
If you feel the above fits you, you would most probably enjoy working in our team.
What your tasks will be
- Participate in architectural decisions that impact development infrastructure.
- Ensure the background infrastructure, oversee all necessary upgrades. (Linux, Windows, Bugzilla, VersionOne, Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, In-house tools)
- Develop and maintain automation tools to support the development infrastructure.
- Provide monitoring, optimization, tuning, capacity planning of the development environment
- Provide and maintain backup and recovery plans and services in accordance with current development needs and IT policies and standards.
- Work in close cooperation with the product development teams.
- Continuously improve your and your teammates' skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent earned or in progress in the field of IT.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Development experience. (Python or other Script languages)
- Experience with systems and IT operations.
- Experience of server virtualization technologies
- Deep knowledge of Linux or Windows is a must.
- Monitoring tools experience
- Configuration Management experience
- Continuous Integration experience
- TCP/IP networking knowledge.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Confident level of English and Hungarian.
- Openness to new experiences and to learning.
- Data management skills.
- Good understanding of security best practices
- A strong focus on business outcomes.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
Why choose BalaBit?
- Because with us you can contribute to the development of professional products that make the world a safer place.
- Because with us you can learn a lot about your profession and more.
- Because we value the sharing of knowledge.
- Because here you will have all the freedom, tools and company you need to create.
- Because we let you catch a break and unwind whenever you need to.
- Because our offices are cozy without being oppressively trendy.
How to apply
Should you be interested in this opening and fulfill the requirements, please submit your professional resume to us via the "Apply" button, indicating the job title in your application.