Our client’s first Global Delivery Center was established at Budapest, Hungary in 2001. The objective of this center is to provide near-shore services to the customers in Western (the UK and the Continent) and Eastern Europe and to customers with a global presence. This center provides substantial benefits such as same time zone support, country-specific localization skills, enhanced mobility and convenience with respect to visa issues, ability to service projects that require access to sensitive data, reduced travel time and costs, etc. This center works in close collaboration with other global delivery centers for providing 24/7 global support using local associates in various regions. We are looking candidates for the following role:
Desktop Engineer L2
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware with good hands on experience of PC internal components including CPUs, I/O and NIC cards, hard disks, RAM, memory chips, CD-ROMs, and so on.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards with good knowledge on windows 7/XP operating system , including registry level
- Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems.
- Respond to and perform moves, adds, and changes (MAC) requests related to hardware and software components
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
- Develop and maintain an inventory using SCCM 2012
- Having advanced knowledge in Anti-Virus software, Desktop management software Patch management).
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs.
- Conduct research on desktop products in support of PC procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend products for purchase.
- Write technical specifications for purchase of PCs, desktop hardware and related products.
- Ability to operate System Center tools
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- ITIL concepts strongly preferred
- MCSE or MCP preferred
- Desktop Support experience within a busy, high volume desktop support environment required
- Experience performing remote support required
- Apply decision making and problem solving skills; ability to effectively prioritize and complete tasks. Independently grasps and solves complex issues – must be a go getter and take initiative on a regular basis finding ways to avoid problems proactively rather than just fixing them after the fact
- Experience of Windows 7 /XP in a corporate environment a plus. Including setting up, configuring and support of hardware components, peripherals, as well as corporate software (patching, Anti-virus, etc.)
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to relate to business (ability to work with customers that have limited technical knowledge) and technical customers. Ability to interact with executive level management.
- Must have strong leadership and project management capabilities. Strong ability to manage multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
- Must be willing to work extended hours to get jobs done when business needs demand. Some weekend hours required when business needs demand.
- Ability to maintain objectivity and composure under stress.
- Must be a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to prioritize work and to work independently on multiple tasks.
- English + Russian language knowledge (fluent level)
What we offer:
- Open, international and multicultural environment
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding organization
- IT Academy courses, professional development and career path
- Competitive salary and cafeteria benefits
Place of work: Budapest / Hungary
Please, send your CV to E-mail cím megjelenítése e-mail address, by indicating the following reference number in the Subject field: HR6951527X
VISION Recruitment Hungary
Phone: +36 1 919 12 70