Design Engineer (CAD) - Mechanical & Fabrication - Lancashire, Bury, BL8 1
Joshua Greaves is a leading supplier of mixers, vessels and complete fluid processing systems to a wide range of industries in the UK and overseas. Despite difficult market conditions the company has steadily grown its market share in recent years by offering customers bespoke processing solutions which are innovative, cost effective and reliable.
The Company's senior management team is young and energetic, with ambitions to expand into new markets and services. This creates an excellent opportunity for a Design Engineer with relevant experience and the desire to take responsibility and grow with the business.
This is a key role within the Joshua Greaves manufacturing team, core responsibilities include:-
- Progress customer contracts by creating drawings for customer approval of specification and to facilitate manufacture
- Apply "Design for Manufacture" principles in creating GA diagrams on current CAD software. Liaise with customers to obtain design approval.
- Create detailed component and assembly drawings for internal and outsourced manufacture
- Work closely with the manufacturing and purchasing team and maintain strict critical path planning. Schedule and organise own workload to facilitate the efficient and on-time manufacture of all contracts.
- Where appropriate, amend drawings to reflect any changes made to meet customer requests or optimise the manufacturing process.
- Ensure all final drawings represent projects and products "As built" thereby facilitating after sales service, supply of spares, repeats and future modifications.
Required experience and skills
- Ability to design products from concept to production, applying the principles of "Design for Manufacture"
- Design complete products, components and modifications to existing products
- Proficient in current 2D software packages [3D is desirable, but not essential]
- Effective communication skills - to maintain good relations and clear communication with customers, colleagues and suppliers
- Knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing processes and materials
- Backgorunds in pressure vessels, pumps, mixers or other machinery would be an advantage
The successful candidate is likely to have at least 5 years' experience in a similar role in relevant manufacturing environmentsLink megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />