Reed is looking on behalf of our prestigious client MERCK for MSSQL Database Engineering Specialist based in Prague, Czech republic. Merck is an innovative, global healthcare leader committed to improving health and well-being in 140 countries around the world. Their product categories include heart and respiratory health, diabetes, infectious diseases, consumer products and women's health. They continue to focus our research on conditions that affect millions of people around the world - diseases like Alzheimer's, Diabetes and Cancer. They aspire to be the best healthcare company in the world and are dedicated to providing innovative solutions for tomorrow.
We are seeking energetic, forward-thinking professionals to join their Information Technology group in Prague. As part of that team, you will help launch our new IT Global Innovation Center focused on developing and applying advanced capabilities in information sciences, information security, mobility, social media and big data. You will have the opportunity to work on global teams to identify and tackle the biggest opportunities and challenges at the intersection of healthcare, information and technology. We offer project-based rotations to help with your professional development, and a flat, collaborative environment.
If you are interested in these job opportunities described below, please send your CV. We will be happy to contact you back and agree on next steps.
MSSQL Database Engineering Specialist
Description of the role:
Exciting opportunity available for a Database engineer to join their IT team in the GIC. The role is responsible for the enhancement and engineering of databases that support MSD’s core business.
The successful candidate will ensure that all System Development LifeCycle concepts are applied in accordance with company policy.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Ensure that application / technology solutions integrate with the business environment while closely cooperating with IT colleagues.
- Research and evaluate internal technology resources vs. external options, and provide input on technical solution alternatives.
- Assist in designing appropriate metrics or measures for evaluating ROI of technology projects and direct performance linkage to business results / goals.
- Apply general understanding of IT trends (i.e., new hardware / software used) in other industries and good knowledge of MSD's IT strategic direction to understand priorities and align own work activities to the IT road map.
- Conduct cost– benefit analysis, involving small IT investments, to address minor requirements and help build a business case within specified work area / domain in line with the overall IT strategy.
- Analyze impact of emerging technology trends in specific work / domain area on existing IT systems.
Participate in and contribute to product selection process based on knowledge of different IT products / solutions in specified domain area.
Required Experience and Skills:
- High school/university degree or relevant experience
- 3-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of MS SQL server database solutions.
- Ability to understand data analysis and reporting techniques in complex business processes.
- Ability to link and understand the interactions between the physical infrastructure, operating systems, databases and how this impacts the applications.
- Excellent attention to detail and a passion for continuous improvement.
- Ability to understand strategic IT goals in order to be able to execute own tasks in support of technology integration initiatives.
- Excellent attention to detail and passion for continuous improvement.
- Flexibility to interact globally across time zones.
- Ability to work well in team environment and develop working relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle DB is a advantage
- Position in a leading global healthcare company
- Excellent prospects of career development
- Innovative and flexible working environment
- Attractive remuneration and wide range of benefits
- Opportunity to work with colleagues all around the world (daily use of English) and much more.
If you are interested in this opportunity and you believe you can be a right fit for this position, please send us your CV and motivation letter in English to the email E-mail cím megjelenítése. In case you would like to obtain more information feel free to contact us through LinkedIn: Link megjelenítése
Reed has all opening available on our company website: www.reedglobal.cz . You can support us on Facebook by liking us on www.facebook.com/RSRCzechRepublic , where you can find more interesting information about hiring processes and news from recruitment.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
By answering to this advertisement or sending your CV and other personal materials, you consent to the collecting, processing and storage of your personal data in accordance with Act No. 101/2000 Coll. Privacy.