Sanmina Corporation is one of the largest multinational in electronics manufacturing services and we have an immediatge opening for a data manager to join our corporate organization. The successful candidate will help us collect, analyze and apply data to our daily data center services operations, both to increase tenant satisfaction and retention as well as to improve our customer’s revenue potential through use of data center components and information. We’re looking for an IT/systems/analytical professional who thrives on the opportunity to review and compound data, understands system, server, storage configurations, and we need someone who can provide recommendations based on his or her background with data center services and availability of new data center products in the market. Your ability to operate data collection combined with management of taxonomy of different products will help you succeed in this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages product data and taxonomy for all of the relevant products identified for data center services management
- Review manufacturer’s product data sheets and develop the logical structure needed to enable incorporation of the respective products into the data center design process
- Define, develop and implement the proposed taxonomy structure for various commodities. Establish data quality standards as needed for all proposed taxonomy structures.
- Formulates, implements, and enforces proper data collection policies and procedures
- Review data for inconsistencies or anomalies that could skew analytical results
- Maintain our databases and conduct routine maintenance as needed to ensure data integrity
- Streamline data collection and analysis procedures to ensure fast access to required data metrics
- Generate and review documentation for all data taxonomy requirements and use of product data
- Make recommendations for software solution to help with use of the product data and its taxonomy
- Troubleshoot and resolve any report deficiencies with the quality of data
- Ensures data system is operational
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems/Computer Science preferred
- Experience in data management or analysis. Good understanding of the principles and practices of data centers. System configuration, server, storage, networking experience required.
- Experience with Spreadsheets, SQL & No SQL databases
- Ability to work with large data sets
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision