Intrexon provides comprehensive synthetic biology solutions. We are focused on collaborating with companies in Health, Food, Energy, Environment, and Consumer Sectors to create biologically based products and processes that improve the quality of life and health of the planet. Through an integrated suite of proprietary tools, Intrexon enables our collaborators to rapidly and reliably iterate through each critical stage of development including design, build, test, and learn to quickly arrive at optimal biological solutions with real-world value.
Our mission is to create a better world through BetterDNA™.
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Job Type: Full Time
Education: MSc / PhD
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a member of cross functional project teams, work with partners to identify and exploit opportunities for experimental planning, design and analysis.
- Apply rigorous statistical analysis, modeling, simulation, and predictive analytics to vast number of experimental data sets and raise awareness of the value of various methodologies
- Prepare technical reports and make presentations to project teams, leadership, and other stakeholders.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- PhD / MSc (3+ years experience) in statistics, bioinformatics, biology or a related field.
- Experience in statistical data analysis, and design of experiment approaches.
- Proven track record of accomplishments using statistical techniques, preferably in the bio-industrial, life sciences, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, agriculture, or chemical field.
- Fluency in English
- Hands on experience in developing and implementing methods in descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics & computational statistics.
- Frequentist and Bayesian statistical analyses (ANOVA, hierarchical and mixed modeling, FDR procedures, etc.)
- Statistical computing in R, Python, or MATLAB.
- Software development skills is a strong plus (functional vs object oriented design, version control, modular design).
DESIRED KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to understand and execute on the company’s mission and values.
- Ability to think and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to reach rational conclusions through complex processing of information.
- Successful at communicating in both oral and written forms.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Capable of high performance in independent work as well as in team setting.
- Understanding eukaryotic and prokaryotic biological systems including molecular and cellular biology.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex data and analysis to audiences with diverse technical backgrounds.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Dynamic, inspiring team environment
For more information please visit www.dna.com