The Client Reference Data (CRD) Group is a global group within Morgan Stanley with offices in New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Budapest.
CRD is responsible for all of the account and legal entity data, as well as documents and contracts, leveraged across the Firm. Therefore, it is critical that this data meets certain quality standards. The Client Reference Data Quality team aims to deliver authoritative, accurate, timely, consistent and complete client reference data to the firm, enabling the management of data and data related issues to provide transparency and increase the quality of client and account data. Data quality issues related to client reference data could affect dependent Firm wide processes that may lead to settlement fails, misreported trade and financial regulatory reporting, inaccuracies in client asset segregation and gaps in AML monitoring.
The Data Quality team drives efforts to improve the quality of existing data as well as strengthen the strategic controls around data creation and maintenance. This includes identifying key stakeholders (data producers & consumers), establishing ownership, documenting metadata and business rules, creating metrics and reporting etc.
We are looking for a
Data Quality Analyst
for fixed term (12 months)
in our Budapest Office
- Analyzing existing attributes to establish who produces, maintains and consumes the data
- Assessing criticality of data based on business impact
- Documenting ownership, definition and other metadata
- Gathering data quality requirements from the data consumers
- Writing business rules applicable to each attribute
- Analyzing data based on profiles
- Creating reports to key stakeholders
- Communicating with the global groups and following up on their data quality issues
- Implementing tactical and strategic controls to improve data quality
- Bachelors degree
- 5-8 years of relevant professional experience in the field of database operation or data reporting
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Good communication skills in English both orally and written
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Good organization and prioritization skills
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel
- Experience in project management is a plus
- Experience with Lean / Six Sigma is a plus
- Experience with Legal, Compliance or Regulatory data
- Understanding of what defines the uniqueness of an entity
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please visit our website to the link below.