Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of Investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
We are looking for
Data Management Associate
For fixed term (12 months)
To our Budapest Office
The Legal Entities Group (LEG) is a global group within Morgan Stanley with offices in New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Budapest. LEG is the data processing arm of the Client Reference Data domain within the Enterprise Data & Services division. LEG is responsible for legal entity data processing which is then leveraged across the whole Firm. LEG partners closely with the Legal and Compliance Division, Risk Management, Operations, and other groups within ED&S to help the Firm’s Sales and Trading and Private Wealth Management (PWM) business units comply with KYC (Know Your Customer), and certain other regulations that involve data and/or documentation requirements.
The Budapest based team is specifically responsible for client data processing, which includes collecting and verifying client data and documentation which is part of the on-boarding process and supporting a number of regulatory functions such as transaction reporting.
The role involves frequent interaction with various Business Units and other stakeholders such as the Credit Department or Tax Operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtaining and verifying client data attributes
- Ensuring clients’ data are up-to-date and correct in Morgan Stanley systems
- Maintaining regulatory identifiers for transaction reporting and other regulatory purposes
- Performing analysis and providing data for projects
- Following up on issues independently
Experience & Skills Required:
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Good communication skills in English both orally and written
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word
- Bachelor’s degree
- Awareness of capital markets products
- Awareness of global capital markets regulation in relation to client data
- Relevant professional experience in a Client on-boarding or Operations function