Data Governance Analyst - Bristol
The Data Governance team, under the Customer Data Director within Lloyds Bank (Retail) has commenced an initiative to set up a Data Governance function aimed at bringing about robust management of data on the Group Data Warehouse (GDW). The Group Data Warehouse is a strategic enterprise asset and forms the basis of providing a single customer view for Lloyds Banking Group customers. The GDW Data Governance initiative is an important data management activity which will provide a foundational and sustainable capability, allowing for more effective management and collaboration across multiple in-flight data management initiatives also targeted at the Group Data Warehouse. As part of set up of that foundational Data Governance capability, a GDW Data Governance team is being formed. This vacancy is for a Data Governance Analyst on that team. It will be a full time role reporting to the Senior Manager of the Data Owner Governance Team.
Key Accountabilities for this role:
- Liaising with key data governance roles such as Data Stewards and Data Custodians to identify Data Governance topics for review and discussion
- Support the GDW Data Governance lead with the collection and reporting of key Data Governance metrics. This will involve working with other Group areas and workstreams to collect agreed metrics and to then report them across the GDW Data Governance forums in an agreed format and per agreed reporting frequencies
- Create training materials for on-going training of Group Colleagues that will be impacted by Data Governance policies and standards, and also support training workshops aimed at deploying key Data Governance roles such as Data Stewards
- Support the GDW Data Governance lead with the implementation of the Data Governance Communications plan, which will include the types, formats and frequencies of communication that will need to be implemented to enable effective GDW Data Governance
- Work with the GDW Data Governance lead to plan and facilitate the various Data Governance forum meetings. This includes setting up meeting agendas, creation of meeting communication packs, documentation of key meeting minutes and following up on key meeting actions
- Publish and maintain templates and documents related to Data Governance Risks, Actions, Issues and Decisions on an ongoing basis
- Support other GDW Data Governance team colleagues with the creation and updating of data policies and standards
Key Capabilities, Skills & Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience working in data centric projects, in either a project support analyst or business analyst role
- Good facilitation skills and experience working with a broad set of stakeholders/partners in Business and IT
- Ability to pick up data management domain concepts (such as related to data quality, data security)
- Previous project management experience in the Financial Services industry preferred (but not a requisite).
This vacancy is a Fixed Term Contract until 31/12/2014.