Data Center Network Engineer in New York
Work with an internal team of subject matter experts as well as coordinate and collaborate with external teams regarding the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of the various technologies managed by the IT Infrastructure department.
- Deploying, monitoring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all Windows systems, application servers, storage systems and Cisco network equipment in accordance with industry best practices.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the server and networking environment; managing access and permissions to ensure data confidentiality and integrity.
- Producing and maintaining rigorous IT Infrastructure documentation, including network diagrams, systems procedures, asset inventory, and disaster recovery plan.
- Maximizing utilization of all equipment in a 24x7x365 environment, ensuring proper system redundancy and data backup.
- Managing IT facilities, including power, cooling and related equipment, and ensuring general data center health both locally as well as across (inter)national installations.
- Maintaining network security, internet firewalls and VPN access.
- Providing detailed reporting to direct management.
- Managing a range of vendor relationships, responsible for complete supplier management
- University/college degree or relevant technical certifications
- Fluency in English required
- Experience in data center management
- At least 4 years of network and system administration experience
- Proven track record of configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches
- Experience in administering and maintaining Microsoft servers
- Experience with high availability systems
- Microsoft and Cisco certifications are preferred
- Flexible, mobile personality with good negotiation skills