McKinsey & Company is an international management consulting firm that advises the top management of leading organizations on issues of strategy, organization, technology and operations. We have 102 offices worldwide, with a total staff of over 20,000.
We are announcing an immediate opening for the following position in the Panorama team located in the Budapest Office:
As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for a range of information gathering and processing tasks, supporting a flagship McKinsey proprietary knowledge effort, focusing on the global banking industry. You key focus would be to support data updates and to ensure consistency in complex file structures, involving data files of significant size. You will also be asked to develop smaller database related algorithms in VBA, SQL or other programming languages. You will be expected to cooperate with global research teams as well as with senior analysts both in improving and expanding the existing database, and in serving some of the world’s major financial institutions.
As part of a very successful research group, operating globally, you will have the opportunity to work in a challenging business environment internationally, to build your data management and analytical skills, and to expand and deepen your understanding of the financial sector worldwide.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Economics or Finance or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Hungarian
- Experienced user of Excel and strong VBA knowledge
- Programming knowledge, SQL/T-SQL and .NET experience is an advantage
- Basic understanding of banking economics
- Strong analytical capability, dedication to data accuracy, outstanding attention to detail
- Can work efficiently under pressure and keep deadlines
To apply for this position please send your CV and your motivation letter in English to the email address below.