Damage Claims Handler - Lanarkshire, Glasgow, G32 0
Motor Damage Management Claims Handler
Salary of £14,000 to £20,000 depending on experience
What being a Damage Management Claims Handler involves
As a Damage Management Claims Handler you will be responsible for proactively managing a motor claim following from the initial registration through to settlement of the claim. You will be dealing with Policyholders as well as Third Parties throughout the process, keeping your customers up to date with any progress.
As part of our close knit team, you'll be
• Capturing accurate and relevant data for claim investigations or claim settlement
• Taking a methodical approach to each claim, and working through the process with each customer
• Proactively and professionally communicating with our customers to manage expectations and achieve the appropriate costs
• Managing follow-on activity through to claim settlement including Third Party Damage, Policyholder damage and Theft investigation
• Working within the regulatory and legal requirements of the FCA as well as keeping the customer experience at the heart of everything you do
Skills and qualities you'll need
• Relevant experience in Motor Claims or Liability Insurance
• Helpfulness and a passion for customer service
• Empathy and understanding
• A professional attitude
• PC literacy
In return, we'll give you a great team atmosphere, extensive training, excellent benefits and plenty of opportunities for progression.
Career benefits and rewards
It all starts with a competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do. We've made sure your annual holiday entitlement is attractive too - and what's more, we let you choose the rewards that suit your lifestyle.
• Base Salary of £17,000 to £20,000 depending on experience
• 35 hour working week Shifts between Monday - Friday 08:00 - 21.15, Saturday 09:00 - 17:00
• 22 days holiday a year (plus 8 bank holidays)
• Pension funding of 9% of your base salary - you can choose to contribute less or more than this
• Income protection
• Life assurance
• Private medical cover (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
• Direct Line Group employees can apply for 50% off Direct Line and Churchill home, motor and pet insurance policies
• We also provide free Direct Line travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover to our people.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear vision: to be the best retail general insurer. We have market leading positions in the UK in personal lines motor and home insurance. We're home to some of the nation's best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG. If you share our vision and are ready to take the lead with us, apply now or visit directlinegroupcareers.com for more information.