On behalf of our global Partner we are actively looking for an experienced Credit and Risk Manager who will lead and develop a new division and be overall responsible for the risk management activities in Hungary and cross border.
Credit and Risk Director
Credit & Risk Management will oversee all aspects of the Hungarian credit adjudication and portfolio analysis/management functions. Accountability includes the requirement to work with the Senior Management, risk policy & strategic initiatives to identify and develop ongoing changes to the credit policy.
The position works closely with other risk team managers responsible for Compliance, Credit depatrment requirements and Policy/Process development. Position also interacts with Sales and Relationship Management functions to ensure credit risk is well-understood.
- Implement the company’s risk management strategy, both credit and operational to the review process and develop proactive strategies where required
- Work closely with the Finance Manager and CFO to help identify and formulate recommendations for review of, or changes to the new credit risk policy
- Identify, implement and operate appropriate systems to mitigate operational risks, improve processes, ensure quality, meet/exceed Service Level Agreements, manage workflow and maximize resources.
- Strong communication skills to: explain the risks associated with processing; negotiate contracts and security.
- Ensure comprehensive portfolio monitoring and control with appropriate reporting of credit risks.
- Identify emerging risks and actively participate as a subject matter expert in key projects and initiatives.
- Work closely with the various Sales Channels to support the growth initiatives of the business, while ensuring that the overall risk profile remains acceptable
- Create a positive work environment, encouraging ongoing employee development, feedback and teamwork at all levels
- University or College degree
- Around 7 + years of experience in credit / risk management
- People management skills with a strong commitment to coaching and developing resulting in an overall positive impact on the teams
- Excellent communication skills, ability to present credit and risk related information to internal and external partners and respond appropriately to questions
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives in order to meet deadlines while ensuring quality of work