Our prestigious client, a worldwide known expert in the building products business is seeking for a CREDIT CONTROLLER with German language knowledge.
Place of work: Pest county, in the agglomeration of Budapest
- Oversight of debtors balances and credit risk for a region of responsibility, work with international teams
- Management of cash collection activities and targets.
- Liaison with commercial management teams in the management of customer accounts
- Customer credit decision making/ be comfortable in reading financial accounts for the purpose of making credit applications.
- Communication with insurance companies/ external partners and debt collections agencies.
- Weekly and Monthly receivable reporting
- Improve the groups liquidity through debtor management and cash collections.
- Reducing the aged profile of the debtors – targets to be agreed.
- Minimization of debtor risk through
- Ensuring the credit policy is applied in the business
- Management and reporting as needed under credit insurance contract requirements
- Monitoring and revision of customer credit limits on a periodic basis
- Evaluation of customer risk profile as determined
- Liaison with commercial management regarding decisions of trade conditions
- Liaison with customers in settling disagreements and disputes when necessary
- Ensuring that the necessary data is collected on all customers prior to client authorisation
- Preparation of weekly / monthly reports for use by senior management
- Organise and conduct debtor review with country managers and interest parties on a weekly basis
- Secondary/University education in finance/accounting
- Excellent PC skills are necessary with particular expertise in Excel
- Good communication skills
- Fluent English and German is essential
- Experience: Preferably 2-3 years experience in credit management and or experience in customer liaison