On behalf of our partner who is an American multinational corporation we are looking for a Country Controller to their local business.
- Providing Hungarian statutory and US GAAP accounting support, conduct necessary statutory reporting and conduct regular reconciliation of US GAAP and Hungarian statutory accounting records.
- Supporting the preparation of monthly reports
- Manage and control local transactions (e.g. AP, AR journals) to ensure compliance to accounting policies
- Management oversight over finance related operational activities (sign off invoices before payment, bank transfers, sign off cheques, maintain bank accounts)
- Manages US GAAP and corporate SOX reporting activities.
- Support the audit processes and coordination of local internal and external audits
- Review of reconciliations (balance sheet and bank), payments & intercompany recharges
- Ensures the ledgers (both Hungarian and US GAAP) are current and accurate.
- Able to collaborate across functions and can communicate well with others
- Managerial Leadership: Able to work cohesively in a matrix structure managing experienced senior finance managers. Able to manage and work with local regulatory authorities
- Technical skills: Good understanding of the local accounting standards and tax and regulatory requirements.
- Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- Degree in Economics or Finance
- Strong business English language skills
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the local country regulatory framework and requirements