Coral Retail Manager - Northumberland
Coral are the UK's leading betting and gaming business - the first in our industry to install 3D TV, the first to receive full GamCare accreditation, and we've also just launched a ground-breaking broadcasting service: Coral TV.
We're mad about sport - we love it. So, if you share our passion, you're a natural leader and you can meet targets, we could well have the job for you.
Right now we're looking for a Coral Retail Manager. Someone who can lead and inspire a team, deliver fantastic customer service and achieve outstanding results against targets.
Sound like you? Read on…
As a Coral Retail Manager, you'll be proactive, using both yours and your team's natural ability to engage with customers, making sure that each one receives the highest standard of service at all times. This will be needed in every aspect of your role, from processing betting transactions, through to promoting and demonstrating in-shop gaming machines.
You'll manage all controllable costs within your agreed shop budget and be responsible for developing, maintaining and driving a 'sales through service' culture within your teams to maximise profit and growth. To do this, you'll need a thorough understanding of your local customer base, as well as an ongoing awareness and analysis of what your main competitors are doing. The ability to plan accordingly and consistently looking for growth opportunities is a key skill you'll possess - increasing market share is essential.
The ability to effectively manage rotas, train and develop their people and performance manage are also key requirements of our Coral Retail Managers. So this is something you should excel at.
Proud to work for Coral, our shop teams are always professional. They maintain exceptionally high standards (both for the shop and themselves) to create a clean and welcoming environment in which custom thrives.
You'll help to create this environment by knowing our products and policies inside out. But don't worry if you're not there yet - that's what our fantastic training programmes are for.
Skills, Knowledge and Behaviour
• be able to deliver high standards of customer service and recognise different customer needs
• promote and sell different products to customers
• build effective relationship with customers and colleagues
• have organisation and planning skills
• have excellent communication skills
• be good with numbers
• be able to regularly learn and understand changes to products, promotions and procedures
• have previous experience of managing within a retail environment
• have the ability, confidence and required behaviours to lead and motivate a team
• have selling skills
• be flexible
• have decision making ability