We are looking to recruit a highly motivated
Convenience Retail Category Manager
to join our Marketing team in Hungary.
The CR Category manager is responsible for managing effectively the performance and maximizing the profitability of selected convenience retail (CR) categories in the stores of the Hungarian Shell service stations.
- Overall performance management and driving maximum profitability of the shop categories in own responsibility
- Develop category plans using the Shell framework, outlining strategies and related tactics for the categories
- Continuous and systematic execution of the category plans, making decisions about assortment, merchandising, pricing and promotions
- Development and management of promotions and marketing activities, including supervision of communication materials production, post investment reviews, learnings sharing
- Management of supplier relationship and contracts, both with local and global suppliers
- Project work in Hungary or in the Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) region on ad-hoc basis
- Continuous engagement with the Sales & Operations team and Shell's Retailer partners (Retailer: an entrepreneur who operates a petrol station) about the convenience retail agenda, driving on-site operational excellence to ensure that category management decisions are executed
- Active and proactive member of the CEE CR team and the Hungarian Retail team
We continue striving to assemble a professional Retail organization. Direct experience and clear understanding of the Retail and Convenience Retail business will therefore be imperative in any application.
The following qualifications will form a key part of the evaluation process and the selection of the candidate for the role:
- Self-motivated personality, strong internal drive to deliver results
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work and deliver in complex, virtual, multi-country environment
- Resilience under stress, manage time and priorities effectively
- Track record of strong performance and delivery
- Strong understanding of Retailing fundamentals such as buying, assorting, pricing, merchandising, promotions and retail operational processes
- Full category Management cycle expertise is a must. Evidence of planning and analysing results for the purpose of adjusting Retail Category Management plans
- Minimum 3 years experience in category management
- Well-developed negotiation skill and supplier relationship
- Strong analytical skills with customer understanding
- Capable to interfacing and influencing people. Ability to influence and get work done through others who are not direct reports
- University or college degree
- Strong Communication skills with fluency in English and Hungarian
If you would like to apply this position please send your CV to the email address below.