Consultant, Tax Compliance - London
Requisition Number: 049286 Job Description: Responsible for providing comprehensive, in-depth consulting to the Corporation and the business units on tax withholding, tax information reporting, and related client documentation requirements associated with the provision of banking, asset servicing and fund administration services in local and/or multiple jurisdictions. Provides guidance on emerging regulatory tax requirements and tax compliance issues. Assists in creating and maintaining a Global Tax Compliance Program. Knowledge/Skills:
- A College or University degree and/or relevant proven tax compliance work experience in the financial services industry is required.
- Knowledge of U.S. Section 1441 tax withholding requirements, including the Internal Revenue Services' Qualified Intermediary program is preferred.
- Knowledge of the U.S. Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is preferred.
- Knowledge and/or work experience with U.S. Form 1099 reporting is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of local and/or Global Tax Compliance is preferred.
- Ability to learn and apply complex regulatory requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to persuade and influence at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Provides comprehensive consulting to the Corporation and the business units on the tax withholding, tax information reporting, and related client documentation requirements associated with the provision of banking, asset servicing and fund administration services for local and/or multiple jurisdictions.
- Assists in developing and maintaining a Global Tax Compliance Program.
- Acts as a tax and client tax documentation subject matter expert within the Compliance Risk Management function. May review, interpret and disseminate current and proposed laws and regulations that impact tax withholding and information reporting to Compliance Risk Management and the business units.
- Consults with partners regarding daily decisions that could pose tax. compliance risk and/or conflict with existing tax policies and procedures. Assists in reviewing new and enhanced products and tax-related services to identify potential tax compliance risk.
- Helps to recommend and develop solutions, policies and procedures that mitigate risk. Guides business units in identifying areas that pose significant tax compliance risk. ·
- Identifies tax compliance changes and recommends alternative practices to the appropriate business units and their related tax function areas.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key partners; provides education and advice on policy/guidelines; and participates in resolving related tax compliance issues. Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult. Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
- Responsible for direct interaction with different committees and/or management.
- Assists in developing, implementing and administering programs within tax compliance area.