Conference Coordinator - London
Conference Coordinator - 9 month contract
Girls Not Brides is seeking a highly experienced and committed Conference Coordinator to provide top level, efficient and proactive logistics expertise and advice in designing, organising and coordinating national and international meetings and events, particularly an upcoming international meeting of the Girls Not Brides members in spring 2015. This is a nine-month fixed contract.
Girls Not Brides: The Global Partnership to End Child Marriage brings together civil society organisations from around the world that address child marriage at all levels. Girls Not Brides now has over 400 members across more than 60 countries, based throughout Africa, South Asia, the Middle East, Europe and North America. Members are united by a commitment to end child marriage and enable girls to fulfil their potential. Girls Not Brides works to empower those seeking to end child marriage; to raise awareness of the harmful impact of the practice and the solutions to end it; and to call for urgent action by relevant stakeholders.
Based in the Girls Not Brides office in London, the Conference Coordinator will work closely with and report to the Global Coordinator.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Serve as project manager for all aspects of Girls Not Brides meetings and events, from conception to delivery and follow-up, including staff coordination
- Facilitate the process of designing meetings, working with external consultants, Girls Not Brides team, member organisations and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Identify, recruit and manage consultants and contractors
- Identify and secure speakers and other guests
- Manage all logistical arrangements, including venue, hotels, transportation, materials, visas, etc.
- Oversee events-related protocol and develop and maintain relationships with officials, speakers and partner organisations, as relevant and appropriate
- Develop and maintain events management and tracking tools within Girls Not Brides database and/or other internal systems
- Collect post-event feedback from participants and conduct evaluation to improve future logistics and events planning
- Assist in preparing and overseeing events-related budget and expenditure.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications and skills:
- Proven comprehensive experience in international travel and logistical support for high profile events
- Experience with leading the planning, agenda-building, session design and broad oversight of a major international meetings in the not-for-profit development sector
- Familiarity with a broad range of panel, small group, videoconference and other innovative facilitation approaches
- Experience managing teams and negotiating with, supervising and managing external vendors and contractors
- Ability to develop effective working relationships in multicultural environment
- Experience working in a high-intensity atmosphere juggling multiple priorities
- Ability to use discretion and maintain full confidentiality
- Excellent planning skills, creativity and good judgement
- Highly reliable, organised, proactive and capable of independent judgement
- Willingness to travel frequently, occasionally to logistically difficult locations
- Excellent and diplomatic oral and written English and French communication skills required, with an eye for detail
- Advanced level of proficiency in the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, project management tools, and use of databases (Salesforce desirable)
- Knowledge of any other language desirable.
Eligibility criteria and terms
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a brief cover letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria for this position to by 24:00 GMT on 8 December 2014, clearly stating "Conference Coordinator" and your name in the subject line. We regret that due to the large number of expected applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />