Our prestigious partner is building a global financial center in Budapest, therefore looking to recruit a Close Manager. We are looking for ambitious candidates who are ready to take the next step in their career. The role holder will be responsible for manage the close process and timelines to ensure all reporting deadlines are met. In addition ensure that the reporting timetables process are monitored and controlled based on policies and procedures in place, and also people management related tasks.
- Manage and provide oversight of the close and reporting calendar which includes sub ledger, general ledger and system close.
- Liaise with local, regional reporting and Finance Centre teams to follow-up on activities and resolve issues to ensure key milestones in relation to the close and reporting timetables are met.
- Manage and review the monthly reconciliation and manual adjustments
- Manage and review the Management Reporting reconciliation to ensure the timeliness and quality of the process.
- Manage the Financial Accounting Standard requirement by reviewing data for bad debt with Receivable Team
- Manage and review Investment Income Calculation
- Cash flow calculation
- Review journal entries e.g. reclassification & allocation journals and ensure compliance with established policies and controls in place
- Deal with global support centers
- Handle people management tasks
- Ad hoc tasks
- College or University degree in Accounting
- ACCA or CPA or Certified Accountant Certification is an advantage
- At least 5+ years of relevant accounting experience gained at a SSC or similar experience at a multinational organization
- Operational experience and proven technical accounting knowledge and interpretation of accounting policies under US GAAP, Regulatory and IFRS reporting
- Able to work cohesively in a matrix structure managing experienced senior stakeholders
- Fluency in English
- Ability to explain complex financial information to non-financial colleagues
- In depth understanding of the financial services industry
- Good understanding of the key financial drivers