Claims Adviser - Lanarkshire, Glasgow, G32 0
Claims Advisers Glasgow
We work together, one business, one aim - to be the best. Let's take the lead.
Salary £16100 package plus benefits including 50% off car, home and pet insurance, 22 days holiday a year (plus 8 bank holidays) and free travel & breakdown insurance.
What being a claims adviser involves
Learn from our extensive range of training. Benefit from our brand new systems. But most of all, put your life experience to good use, helping resolve issues that mean a great deal to our customers.
When a customer's home, possessions, or many other important parts of their life have been damaged, it's someone like you they'll speak to. And that's where your own personal qualities become important.
As part of our close knit team, you'll be
• Answering a range of calls, from a variety of different customers
• Tackling all types of insurance claims - from pets to home insurance - across many of our brands, including Direct Line and Churchill
• Taking a methodical approach to each claim, and working through the process with each customer
• Keeping an ear out for any details that need further investigation
• Working with other teams here, as well as third party suppliers, and keeping your customer up to date with any progress.
Skills and qualities you'll need
We want people to draw on their life experience, personality and individual talents. If you have sales experience, so much the better. Whilst we offer training, broadly speaking, we look for:
• Helpfulness and a passion for customer service
• Drive and enthusiasm for meeting targets
• Empathy and understanding
• A professional attitude
• PC literacy
In return, we'll give you a great team atmosphere, extensive training, excellent benefits and plenty of opportunities for progression in our call centres.
Career benefits and rewards
It all starts with a competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do. We've made sure your annual holiday entitlement is attractive too - and what's more, we let you choose the rewards that suit your lifestyle.
That kind of flexibility is a key feature of our benefits package. And there's plenty to choose from, including:
• Pension funding of 9% of your base salary - you can choose to contribute less or more than this
• Income protection
• Life assurance
• Private medical cover (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
• Direct Line Group employees can apply for 50% off Direct Line and Churchill home, motor and pet insurance policies
• We also provide free Direct Line travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover to our people.