Chief Risk Officer (CRO)
Chief Risk Officer (CRO)
Organization Name: Money + Card Payment Institution Ltd.
Role type: Permanent, part time
In this role, the Chief Risk Officer will be responsible for
- managing the establishment and the implementation of all aspects of the risk function, including implementation of processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks;
- ensuring that the risk frameworks are operating effectively;
- compiling, assessing and reporting risk information to the CEO and the Board of Directors;
- ensuring that the Institution’s activities comply with the relevant legislation and regulation;
- Manage the process for developing risk policies and procedures, risk limits and approval authorities.
- Continuously developing and improving the risk framework of the Institution.
- Participate in discussions to formulate security processes, policies and standards.
- Monitoring risks associated with the assets, liabilities and operations of the Institution and proposing actions, as necessary;
- Providing regular reviews of risks to the ALCO and the Board of Directors;
- Issue regular reports to the management and the Board of Directors with recommendations, perform follow-up to ensure management has taken proper corrective action.
- Partnering effectively with third parties, regulatory bodies and others.
- Prepare for and work cooperatively with regulators during their on-site visits.
- Work on project implementation of new product lines or new payment systems.
Level of Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field required. Advanced degree in relevant field highly desired.
Basic Qualifications: Minimum of 5 years of experience in risk management, with knowledge of the financial service industry, regulatory requirements and experience in analysing business risk.
Other Characteristics and Experience:
- Leadership skills, including the ability to manage risk and control activities;
- Knowledge and experience of best practice risk management frameworks and methodologies in relation to Malta financial services industry;
- Knowledge of regulatory environment;
- Understanding of the issues involved in running a business, including the key financial dynamics and drivers;
- Understanding of financial and strategic planning;
- Must be able to work independently, have strong problem solving skills with the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issue and drive resolution.