Chief Audit Executive (CAE)
AEGON Central Eastern Europe (CEE) Team seeks
Chief Audit Executive (CAE) for regional tasks.
- Department: Internal Audit – CEE Region
- Line Manager: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Functional Manager: Global Chief Audit Executive
- Direct Reports: Internal Audit CU’s CEE Region
- Indirect Reports: Internal Audit team
Summary of Area/Department Focus:
The principal role of Internal Audit is to provide assurance to the CEE Regional Board and Board Audit Committees as to the adequacy of design, effectiveness of operation and sustainability of the whole system of internal controls, including risk management. It should be appropriately positioned within the organisation and have appropriate mechanisms and skills in place to undertake this responsibility.
Entities in scope are All CEE Country Units- Hungary, Poland, Turkey, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Romania and Ukraine.
- Summary of Job Purpose:
The Chief Internal Auditor Executive (CAE) in CEE determines the audit vision, strategy and establishes the audit plan for the provision of assurance within Aegon CEE. The CAE must ensure effective implementation throughout each of the CEE Country Units (indicated above). The role will provide appropriate assurance to the CEE Regional Board, as well as oversight and selective participation in the Country Units Board Audit Committees. Assurance is also provided to the executive and other senior managers on the effectiveness of the complete control environment within Aegon CEE. This includes the effects on the business in relation to its emerging business priorities. In executing this responsibility, the CAE will review, assess and challenge as appropriate on other areas of the business forming part of the internal control structure and thus ensuring full governance is in place.
- Business Impact:
This role is very high profile within the organisation as it operates at and reports to the highest levels of management. It plays a pivotal role in maintaining AEGON’s reputation within the industry and with regulators. The role provides assurance and influence over the development and implementation of strong systems of internal control.
The role will also provide assurance to the CEE Regional Board, Executive and senior managers about the appropriateness of control systems required to satisfy key stakeholder such as the regulators, Aegon N.V. and our customers. Confidence in the Internal Audit function is essential and the role holder is expected to demonstrate this confidence and resilience at all levels in the organisation.
- External Relationships:
This role requires a moderate level of external relationship development and maintenance with the external auditor (PWC) and CAE networks in the financial services area.
- Internal Relationships:
Internal relationships are key to recognising the role of the internal customer whilst challenging assumptions and offering guidance and influencing general communication. The CAE must engage both at the Board level as well as the Regional and Country Unit Level., the Executive, Senior Management, Global Internal Audit, Chief Risk Officer and Heads of other support functions within CEE and N.V.
- Risk Management:
The Internal Audit function, as the 3rd line in the ‘Three Lines of Defence’ model, has a key role in providing oversight and challenge to the risk and control framework both in the 1st and 2nd lines, providing assurance to the Board on the effectiveness of the whole Risk management framework. Internal Audit also assesses the effectiveness of Risk Management in each specific area of the business reviewed in detail in accordance with the Internal Audit plan agreed with the Board Audit Committee.
Internal Audit also has a wide, independent and objective perspective on the CEE business, providing it with the opportunity to identify and ‘call out’ emerging risks or risks where risk management is sub-optimal.
- Key Accountabilities:
- Develops a strong audit vision, strategy and detailed Country Unit audit plans for approval by the CEE Regional Board and the CEE Risk and Audit Committees. The plans should be based on a regular and effective assessment of business risks across the Region, ensuring that audit resources are aligned with areas of highest perceived risk.
- Oversee the timely and clear reporting to the CEE Regional Board and Risk and Audit Committee on the effectiveness of the control environment providing appropriate assurance and confidence to the Board and senior management through the execution and delivery of the Audit plans.
- Ensures that the risk and governance and audit culture is supported through robust and appropriate internal control processes. Ensure that this is kept as a key priority through appropriate influence, challenge and discussion with senior stakeholders.
- Understand and monitor audit issues regionally to ensure they are appropriately followed up and that the corrective actions taken are effective.
- Engage at the Board level and develop relationships at the Executive Management level in both the Country Units and at the Region. Develop a keen understanding of each business, its products and the associated risks to ensure internal audit and businesses are aligned and the risk appetite is understood. Travel to and engagement with all CEE Regional Country Units is required. This understanding will complement the audit planning process
- Continuously refresh the Internal Audit Vision and Strategy. Understand the businesses ‘2nd Line of Defence’ risk management capability on which testing is performed and reliance placed.
- Perform key audits and other work as required to produce valued-added reports for management on the control environment. Perform Advisory Services and Investigations when needed.
- Ensures the skills and experience within the team is appropriate to guarantee sufficient and appropriate coverage of all areas of the business.
- Provides strong leadership of the internal audit function ensuring audit staff are continually developed and appraised to the highest standards to achieve corporate objectives.
- Contribute to leadership of the Global Internal Audit function through membership of the Global Internal audit Leadership team, supporting the development and implementation of consistent internal audit strategy and methodology throughout the global business.
- Manage Risk
- Think customer-both internal and external
- Engagement and Presence
- Embrace and drive change
- Encourage excellence and need to do things “right first time”
- Act with integrity
- Decisive action
- Work together
- Learn and grow
- Relate and communicate with confidence
- Constant drive for continuous improvement
- Strong leadership skills with obvious gravitas and personal credibility
- Strong strategic and commercial awareness with pragmatic delivery
- Well-developed communications and relationships skills
- Capable of defining an implementing strategy and getting people behind ideas
- Strong programme management ability
- Sound judgement and ability to operate independently and objectively
- Successful implementation, communication and understanding of the Internal Audit vision and strategy
- Successful delivery of the internal audit plan and achievement of the department’s goals and objectives
- Reliable, robust and independent audit reporting to the Audit Committee and Board
- Proficiency in English required, Working knowledge other Eastern European languages advantageous
- Financial services/asset management/insurance industry experience is preferable
- Top flight internal auditing practice standards and skills
- Strong regulatory knowledge balanced by commercial awareness
- Well developed understanding of internal control, risk management and corporate governance frameworks
- Broad understanding of relevant financial contexts, e.g. Economic Capital frameworks as well as IT
- Minimum 10 years audit or senior management experience at or near Board level
- Financial services experience advantageous
- Evidence of strong leadership of a significant Internal Audit or similar function
- Positive feedback from Board, Audit Committee, Senior Management and FSA
- Effective budget management and planning
- Evidence of building a recognised and respected team of appropriately skilled internal auditors providing sound, reliable, commercially driven and timely opinions
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or Chartered Internal Auditor or similar professional qualification
- May also, or alternatively, have a post graduate degree
- Evidence of continuing professional development
If you feel you meet the above expectations and would like to be the member of enthusiastic team of an international company in Hungary, please apply for the job by 15th September 2014 via our career site:Link megjelenítése" href="Link megjelenítése"> Link megjelenítése