Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Our purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere - has an important role in our company, for our people, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
Diageo Business Services have been operating in the heart of Budapest for 15 years and provide added value for the company on a global level in the area of Finance, HR, Commercial Support, IT, Treasury and Business Intelligence.
Central Statistical Forecasting Analyst
The Central Statistical Forecasting Analyst drives the continuous improvement of the forecasting methodology and creates a realistic baseline statistical demand forecast as input into the Sales & Operational Planning process including customer plans as appropriate. Own and drives Sales Forecasting Analysis performance (primarily reducing the loss in baseline variation) to achieve agreed forecast value add target.
- Work out and continuously improve statistical forecasting methodology
- Test and implement new models in statistical forecasting
- Identify best practices and detect gaps, develop and carry out plans to close the gaps
- Mentoring of the team in statistical methods
- Development of the baseline statistical forecast using the demand planning system to support the monthly demand and Exec S&OP sign off process according to deadlines set in Service Level Agreements
- Depletion statistical forecast for those with available data
- Master data maintenance for central forecasting team
- Product segmentation & classification analysis
- Together with the demand planners in market, conduct root cause analysis and corrective action planning to understand sales forecast accuracy and bias performance
- Provide the detailed analysis of forecast trends and accuracy for local pre-demand/demand review process.
- Measure progress and report consolidated performance to central teams
- Drive key interactions with the country management, with responsibility for the quality of the baseline statistical forecast
- Holds Demand Managers accountable for the agreed actions to improve forecast performance
- Take active part in advanced analytics initiatives and ad-hoc analyses
How to Serve:
- Educated with at least a master degree with a relevant mathematics/statistics qualification, with special focus on time series/multivariate forecasting models
- High level of knowledge of statistics and an excellent level of understanding of statistical forecasting methods
- Experience in working with/developing a large variety of statistical forecasting models
- Fluent Business English (spoken and written)
- Application of forecasting models on real commercial processes
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- SAP APO & SAP DEP experience is a great advantage
- Ability to plan work and meet deadline
- High level analytical skills
- Ability to work autonomously and in team as well
Cherry on Top:
- Opportunity to climb up on the career ladder
- We won the Fittest Workplace Award, of course we have a Gym
- Urban legend is true, we do have a Rooftop Bar
- Easy to reach downtown location
- Our unique brands are available in our staff shop
- We live our values and color our lives