Campaigns Manager - London
We're looking for a seasoned campaigner or communicator with experience of managing significant change campaigns at a national and/or regional level to joins us as Campaigns Manager. You will be responsible for leading some of our biggest campaigns and will share our passion for mobilising our supporters and the wider public to solve the housing crisis.
Our Communications, Policy and Campaigns Division leads the way in helping to achieve change for the millions who are badly housed or don't have a home. Their goal? To dramatically increase the general public's understanding of, and empathy with, people who live in bad housing - and this is ever more vital in the current economic climate.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave, the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
• Helping the Head of Campaigns to develop a programme using research, insight, intelligence gathering and an understanding of current campaigning best practice
• Taking responsibility for leading campaigns - scoping out and working up plans, developing partnerships, managing contributions from other colleagues and agencies, mobilising our supporters and the public and writing calls to action
• Making sure campaigns staff are motivated, that campaigning activity is undertaken in a cost-effective way and that they have opportunities to develop
And what you'll need:
• A proven background in charity campaigning, digital, communications, marketing or PR
• A real flair for getting under the skin of the public, and getting them to take action
• A decisive personality and the ability to get your head round our issues quickly, analysing a problem and identifying campaigning options
• A great strategic brain, a taste for innovation, loads of digital experience, lots of creativity and the ability to seize opportunities as they arise to deliver timely, strategic and inspiring campaigns
• A passion about making a difference to Britain's housing crisis - one of the biggest social issues of our day
For further information about the role and the benefits of working for Shelter please download the job description.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps millions of people a year struggling with bad housing or homelessness - and we campaign to prevent it in the first place.
We're here so no-one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
Closing date: 21 April 2014Link megjelenítése" width="0" height="0" />