Reed Specialist Recruitment's international client in now looking for a Software Developer to
enable the operational groups to deliver the document related services to their customers.
The technical challenges of document service delivery can be considerable, therefore the technology group helps to tackle these challenges by providing analysis and writing new and extended applications to enable efficient and competitive job processing during service delivery. Applications are both standalone and integrated with computer aided translation tools and similar commercial systems.
C# Software Developer
Software development is predominantly in C# and .NET. Extensive use is made of SQL Server databases and XSL transformation.
Interaction with operational staff is daily – suiting a person having good communication skills who enjoys working with a team of varying roles and technical levels.
Success is determined by the performance of the operational groups for example: deliver high quality document services in a efficient process that is profitable for the company, and satisfies the end customer.
- Developing new software solutions which:
- have generic applicability to many customers and situations
- are designed consistently to create, over time, a sustainable architecturally coherent suite of solutions
- Enhancing and supporting existing solutions.
- Training staff to use new and modified solutions.
- Developing and integrating extensions to third party production applications.
- Evaluating commercial software solutions.
- Specifying software requirements from user requirements.
- Support the systems group with expert assistance as and where appropriate to help them support the infrastructure within which the service delivery applications run.
- Manage the approval and prioritisation of software changes including bugs and enhancements.
- Manage the version control, test and release of new applications.
- Fluent English language knowledge is required
- Significant experience in software design, development and delivery, including good experience of OO Design
- Experience of both team and individual working
- Programming experience using Visual Studio in Microsoft environments including .NET and C#
- XSL (for XML conversion and publishing)
- Relational Databases (SQL Server preferred)
- Web Services
- WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation), WCF (Windows Communication Foundation), WF (Workflow Foundation)
- Document or software localisation
- Multilingual software development
- Sophisticated document creation – e.g. InDesign, FrameMaker, Flash
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Integrates easily with a multi-discipline team