Every day more than hundred thousand airplanes take off from airports all over the world. Even a single plane's take-off requires countless critical finely tuned technical and logistic processes, which would be impossible without a stable and innovative IT background.
Lufthansa Systems Hungária Kft has acquired an unique know-how in developing innovative applications for global customers within and outside the airline industry. We offer you the possibility to work for the one and only Hungarian aviation IT software development company.
We are looking for a C++ Developer to strengthen the team having unique authority and autonomy over the client side codebase of our flight route network planning solution product. The job is about taking over and provide continuous and reliable ownership of certain separate modules of the server side. The job requires a diverse skillset, ranging from programming and architectural skills to business domain and mathematics-statistical knowledge.
- Interpretation and clarification of new/updated functional requirements
- Effort estimation and design of variable sized software changes
- Implementation using C++
- Review system performance, identify performance problems and recommend improvements
- Participate in engineering design approaches, design review, and product testing
- Issue root cause analysis and elimination, corrective maintenance
- Performing code reviews, white-box tests
- Consult and cooperate with dedicated test team
- Ownership of certain parts and related knowledge base of a modular and complex application codebase
- At least 3 years of experience in C++ for applications, C++ standard library, TCP/IP, http(s), Linux/Windows operating systems
- Experience in usage of version controlling systems
- Experience in some of the following fields: SOAP, XML, JSON, LEDA, CMake, Makefiles, GCC, Visual C++
- Very good knowledge of mathematics-statistical models and their development (e.g. Logit-Model)
- Demonstrate proficiency in solving complex problems with code
- Quantitative capability and ability to reason about data, statistics and numeric relationships using mathematical language
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
The ideal candidate has
- Good communication skills and user-friendly approach, including the ability to explain complex concepts to nontechnical audiences
- Self-motivation to work in a customer-oriented, fast-paced, and demanding environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Airline business domain knowledge (SSIM, Itinerary, Subfleet, Codeshares, Traffic Restriction, Hub etc.)
Required for application
- Certificate of good conduct (erkölcsi bizonyítvány)