Our client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of Investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of their people is critical to the company’s success. They share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. The firm can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
We are looking candidates for the following role:
Cross-Technology Services supports the evolution of technology platforms and tools to manage and maintain our production plant, and ensure the proper adherence to our operational risk management controls. CTS consists of Enterprise Application Infrastructure (EAI), MS Development Environment (MSDE), Commerce Data Model, Pioneer Prime Systems Strategy Planning and Governance.
MSKDB is a technology-centric team that supports the kdb+ ecosystem in our company. We provide plugins, libraries, support, consulting, and training to the numerous kdb+-using teams throughout The Firm.
kdb+ is a part of many critical systems and the right candidate could get exposure to many business areas and have broad impact.
The usage of kdb+ has been increasing and the number of plugins and variants has been growing. For example, the kdb+ plugin for R may need to be built/supported for versions 2.12, 2.15, and 3.0 at the same time.
- develop/package plugins for kdb+ to permit integration with other systems, and develop proofs-of-concept to test the benefits / performance of new open-source, vendor, and in-house libraries
- support / enhance/update existing kdb+ plugins to stay current with underlying C / C++ libraries for: messaging, database connectivity, etc.
- develop unit / integration tests for kdb+ plugins
- migrate multi-platform builds of kdb+ plugins from gmake / manual process to fully-automated, premake-based one
- incorporate builds and unit tests into our Continuous Integration environment
- support other development teams in their plugin development efforts
- C++ programming (including Boost and libstdc++)
- UNIX system call API, sockets, etc.
- understanding of C++ ABI, name mangling, and shared library clashes
- C++ debugging on Linux (gdb, valgrind, strace, etc.)
- makefiles and shell scripting
- multithreading concepts
- prefers working for end users and developers rather than traders
- deeply inquisitive about how programs and computers work and how to make them better
- instincts for what can make a developer's life easier
- curious about vectorized algorithms, GPGPU, etc.
- varied scripting languages (Python, Perl, Lua, q, etc.)
- experience with plugin development for any scripting language
- exposure to assembly language programming for any CPU/architecture
- computer architecture (memory hierarchy, networks, etc.)
- dynamic Linking and related tricks (LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LD_PRELOAD, LD_DEBUG, RPath, dlopen(...), etc.)
- abstract data types, algorithms, etc.
- Test Driven Development
What we offer:
- Open, international and multicultural environment
- Opportunity to be part of a rapidly expanding organization
- IT Academy courses, professional development and career path
- Competitive salary and cafeteria benefits
Place of work: Budapest / Hungary
Please, send your CV to E-mail cím megjelenítése e-mail address, by indicating the following reference number in the Subject field: HR6898614X
VISION Recruitment Hungary
Phone: +36 1 919 12 70
Email: E-mail cím megjelenítése