This is the perfect opportunity for talented, spirited candidates to join one of the world’s biggest multinational telecommunication companies as an ENGLISH and FRENCH/ITALIAN speaking Buyer.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of a category, region or function in which they operate including market dynamics and product life cycles
- Work within the category, region or function team to determine the appropriate approach to market, the optimum commercial models and supplier relationships for a product/service or element of a category
- Work closely with internal business partners to understand their requirements
- Develop procurement plans to deliver maximum commercial advantage to BT, including selection and application of appropriate processes for a particular product or service.
- Negotiate commercial and contractual arrangements with suppliers for all products and services, including loading information onto appropriate systems
-Manage the supply base to ensure delivery against contractual and commercial commitments and “In Contract” supplier performance and ensure business benefit is realised
- Take personal ownership for utilisation of contracts, ensuring that order channel strategy enables internal business partners to order items efficiently and contracts reflect customer requirements for their duration
- May be responsible for managing the time phased delivery plan that brings together the “Forecast” and “Inventory policies” to produce a commitment schedule to industry
- May be responsible for analysing demand history in combination with customer forecasts and other market intelligence to provide an accurate forecast of future demand
- Fluent English is a must, plus fluent ITALIAN or FRENCH is required
- Good knowledge of MS Office Applications
- Expected to generate MIS and data analysis for the categories
- Familiar with modern sourcing tools like e-Auctions, e-Negotiations, ERP etc.
-Ability to work in stretched time zones
- Team player
- High level of accuracy
- Good commercial sense
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent opportunity to work for a strong, multinational company
- Attractive salary and compensation package
- Internationally oriented working environment in a strongly expanding company
- Training and development possibilities