Business Service Manager - Events Operations - Genève
The Business Service Manager (BSM) is responsible for identifying high-quality ICT services and providing them to UEFA business teams within the functional domain under his/her responsibility. The BSM is concerned primarily with business teams' satisfaction, ensuring that the services delivered are in line with teams' expectations, requirements and needs. This involves developing and maintaining proactive, trust-based relationships with business stakeholders, fully understanding and anticipating their needs, and providing the relevant services. Advising business teams on market best practices/trends and driving continuous improvements to services are also key activities.
The BSM role involves the following main activities:
1. Acting as the counterpart to ICT 'business champions': Communicating, planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting are all key activities providing visibility and transparency to business stakeholders as regards the services provided by ICT. The BSM is entirely accountable for all services delivered to business teams within his/her functional domains.
2. Managing the transition from assigned demands to delivery and the realisation of value:
The BSM will ensure a proper handover to the project delivery teams, as well as supporting the delivery and operation of the appropriate solutions supporting the services under his/her responsibility.
3. Acting as an application/platform owner: The BSM will liaise with the architecture team to ensure that the applications under his/her responsibility are consistent at a global level and integrated into the enterprise architecture. The BSM will also ensure that the service levels agreed with the business team are respected and that all the appropriate processes are in place to meet those service levels.
The BSM Event Operations is in charge of ICT services for the whole UEFA events domain, in particular:
-Managing relationships with the Operations division and assigned ICT 'business champions';
-Acting as event management services owner (accommodation, accreditation, transport, ticketing solutions;
-Acting as event management applications owner.
- Managing the lifecycle of assigned applications (e.g. FAME and the intranet), up to their decommissioning;
- Liaising with the architecture team to ensure that owned applications are consistent at a global level and integrated into the enterprise architecture;
- Acting as an escalation and decision-making point for major operational issues or activities affecting assigned applications.
- More than 7 years / Minimum 6 years' professional experience
- From 4 to 6 years / Minimum three years in an equivalent position
- From 4 to 6 years / Experience in an international Environment
- Masters IT engineering or equivalent
- Other Education/training in event or sports management an asset
- English / Advanced
- French / Advanced
- Budget Management / Advanced
- MS Excel / Advanced
- MS PowerPoint / Advanced
- MS Word / Advanced
- Project Management / Advanced
- Strong people-management skills an asset