Boeing C 17 Aircraft Mechanic
Papa AFB, Hungary
This position is part of the on-site C-17 Globemaster III Integrated Sustainment Program maintenance team supporting the Strategic Airlift Capability (SAC) C-17 aircraft based at Papa AB, Hungary.
The purpose of this position is to provide an Aircraft Mechanic for the C-17 program. This position is Papa Hungary, shift work, and periods of on-call support. Applicant will be cross utilized to perform servicing and team member activities. Travel will be required for training purposes, to support remote maintenance activities, or to recover inoperative forward deployed aircraft. Ability to pass English language qualification test and US DOD provided Training Detachment (TD) courses or Boeing provided Certification Courses is a job requirement.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Applicant will work under general supervision to perform all assigned Organizational and Intermediate level tasks.
- Applicant will assist in the change, removal, replacement, or upgrade of C-17 air vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes; perform troubleshooting and repair of C-17 air vehicle and its components; perform repairs for flight worthiness requirements; perform as a team member in tasks associated with the safe handling of a C-17 air vehicle (e.g. jacking, towing, servicing, inspecting, and system operations), and perform work under appropriate direction.
- Applicant will be required to interact with both the customer and management to provide information on C-17 air vehicle operational status and fault resolution.
- Applicant will have the ability to participate in the repair and troubleshooting of C-17 airframe components, air vehicle electronic control systems, air vehicle cargo handling, fuel, hydraulic, pneumatic, avionic, and propulsion systems.
- Applicant should be familiar with operating and repairing integrated air vehicle electrical and mechanical control systems, aircraft engines and auxiliary power units, alternate mission equipment, and accomplishing metallic and composite structural repairs.
- Applicant should be familiar with maintenance data base, and ability to interpret and work to system schematic diagrams to isolate mechanical faults and repair faulty components. Ideally applicants will have prior training or competency on C-17 aircraft.
- Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing, removing, replacing, or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes.
- Supports the configuration of aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment as required. Has the ability to operate shop equipment to disassemble, troubleshoot, inspect, and repair aircraft components and assemblies.
- The ability to work with structural and composite components a plus.
- Troubleshoots complex pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components. Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components.
- Follows procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications, and inspection results).
- Possess or be able to obtain a security clearance is a job requirement.
Adaptability – Generally understands changes in own and others’ work-group tasks and situations as well as the logic or basis for change; generally seeks information about changes affecting own and fellow employees’ job. Treats changes and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth; focuses on the beneficial aspects of change; speaks positively about the change to work group members.
Communication – Generally clarifies purpose and importance; follows a logical sequence. Usually keeps the audience engaged through use of techniques such as analogies, illustrations, humor, and voice inflection. Generally seeks input from audience. Accurately interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
Continuous Improvement – Reviews a variety of processes to identify gaps between requirements and current outputs within own and occasionally within other work groups. Identifies potential conditions and effects. Generates and tests ideas for solutions. Reviews impact.
Customer focus – Considers customers and their needs when performing routine tasks. Assists more experienced employees to understand problems; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
Decision Making – Recognizes a variety of issues, problems, or opportunities when determining what actions must be needed. Compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions; generally include group members to take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Qualifications and Experience:
High school diploma or GED and typically 1 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. An FCC license and/or FAA Airframe & Power-plant Certification or EASA equivalent is desirable.
Other Job Related Information:
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN HUNGARY. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Make sure you list all of the Countries in which you are a citizen. If you have work authorization for a country that you are not a citizen of, please explain this on the top of your resume. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll.