Billing / OTC Accountant
Responsible for all A/R Invoicing and Billing for a specific cluster /region.
The Billing / OTC Accountant is a key player in the organisation and is also responsible for supporting our finance teams in other account receivables functions.
This role is based in the Global Business Service Centre in Budapest, Hungary. 9 months fixed contract.
Reports to OTC Supervisor
The duties the Billing / OTC Accountant include :
- Supporting the Billing / AR billing activities for a particular region (Cluster)
- Timely generation of customer invoices (ensuring that invoices are sent on time)
- Prepare invoice batches (affiliate, inter-company and ancillary billings).
- Maintain invoice reconciliations for revenue billings (including reconciliation of viewing cards to billings to ensure all active cards are being billed)
- Processing all manual and automatic invoice requests (inter-company and ancillary), ensuring these have been approved operationally and by Finance in line with DoA before entry
- Liaise with customers and VIACOM staff (e.g. Commercial) to resolve queries (and maintain an up to date query / invoice processing log)
- Strict adherence to monthly cut-off deadlines to ensure smooth closure of month and quarter
- Managing & Solving customer disputes (ensuring proper communication with markets & stakeholders)
- Supporting the OTC management team in liaison with the Controllership group in respect of inter-company reconciliation process, in particular mismatches pertaining to OTC invoicing queries etc.
- Supporting customer’s ad-hoc requests (statement of accounts, invoice copies, backup documentation, etc…)
- Performing other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable / Billing function
- Work closely with sales and finance directors to resolve billing/contract discrepancies
Preparing weekly and monthly reporting as directed by supervisor
REQUIREMENTS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Fluent knowledge of English
- At least 1 year of experience in Finance OR Financial degree ( is an advantage)
- General knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word
- Demonstrated the ability to be a team player and possess strong work ethic and integrity
- ERP knowledge ( SAP, Oracle, or equivalent ) is an advantage
- Previous SSC experience (desired)