Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of Investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Big Data Financial Engineer
The Starts and Modeling Team supports the Firm’s securities trading business by creating and implementing mathematical models, software tools and libraries, and by providing quantitative business analysis to develop financial products, trading strategies and risk reduction methodologies.
Our analytics tools are used to price, valuate and manage the risks of various financial derivative products and predict the future evolution of different markets. Our activity requires close coordination with the firm's higher management, IT developers, operations team, traders, controllers, and other global quantitative units.
Staff typically has background in mathematics, physics, engineering, finance or economic sciences, computer sciences, informatics or other similar quantitative areas. The Strats and Modeling Team supports different businesses from Equity derivatives to Credit and Interest Rate derivatives and Mortgage Backed Securities.
Morgan Stanley is seeking highly talented and motivated web developers to help build out our data analysis, analytics, and tooling suite within Fixed Income. The candidate will be working on:
- Development of our internal big data solutions as well as the related data visualization suite
- Bespoke tools built off this platform, used by both traders and desk strategists to quickly mine and analyze large, complex datasets
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in computer science or related discipline
- Knowledge of current web technology stack (HTML5, jQuery, angularjs, bootstrap)
- Knowledge of high-level OOP language (e.g. Java/C#)
- Experience with VBA/Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of shell scripting and Unix environments a plus
- Knowledge of Q/KDB a plus
If you are interested in the above opportunity please via on the link below by uploading your English CV.